Note to New Members ×

Aspen lodging advice

smaynard

Leadville is a long way away. Basalt, Carbondale and Glenwood Springs are closer.

Check out the St. Moritz Lodge. It is right in town, the people that run the place are very friendly, breakfast is included and they have an outdoor pool heated to 95 degrees for relaxing after riding.

I've stayed there every year for the last 5 years and am staying there again this year for SES. The place is older, a bit run down but they have dorm rooms for as little as $60 per bed per night. If you want a room to yourself, these are more like $240/night (guessing).

Best deal is, IF you can hook up with a few others and split a condo. Even at $3500 (they are available for less) that comes out to $500 a day, divided by the number of people in condo. Ours comes out to less than $85 a day per person, WITH all of the ammenities !

Yes, been there last year at the SES for a whole weak. Very good hotel and when you choose the 1 bedroom apartment for 3 people the price is fair. The 1 bedroom apartment has a big sleeping couch in a living room. Works perfectly. Breakfast is an additional 20 USD but it is very good. You can as well prepare somethong yourself. There is a small kitchenette in every room.

The style of the hotel is probably not everybody's flavour. It is very Bauhaus and might appeal a bit strange in this environment.

Very nice: They have a 24hrs shuttle service to downtown Aspen. You can always call and have you picked up. One of the drivers (Bob) is a carver himself.

I tried to book the hotel again for SES, but it was already full. So we decided to go to the Molly Gibson Lodge.

Breakfast is an additional 20 USD but it is very good. You can as well prepare somethong yourself. There is a small kitchenette in every room.

I spoke to the desk at Aspen Meadows and he couldn't confirm a kitchenette, I'm looking at the website and it only says mini-kitchen with microwave and refrigerator. I suppose that means you can eat hot pockets and breakfast cereal but no cooked meals from a range or oven.