Note to New Members ×

Eldora ski resort

b.free

I just emailed you. let me know if you are looking for a carving partner. I need someone to break me of my work ethic so I get my money out of this pass.

I have given up on the $500-1000 season passes at the turbo-lift resorts. When I add the extra drive time from fort collins and the huge line in the rat maze to get on that turbo-lift i end up with WAY more time on the snow at eldora. The season passes are reasonable if you are a student. So i am solidly Eldora or backcountry these days and will be until i win the lottery (i don't play lotto so...). I DO miss the longer runs afforded at the summit country resorts. and the regular grooming. Ohh Welll.

...and sunday is superbowl sunday. That is the best weekend skiing day of the year. Or it was, i think they moved the game later and later over the years. Resorts used to be EMPTY on superbowl sunday.

... I DO miss the longer runs afforded at the summit country resorts. and the regular grooming. Ohh Welll....

Just want to make it clear i am refering to snow grooming. not showering. It is ok email me. I don't stink that bad.

Edited by cadmus

...and sunday is superbowl sunday. That is the best weekend skiing day of the year. Or it was, i think they moved the game later and later over the years. Resorts used to be EMPTY on superbowl sunday.

Just whote you an Email. Sunday will be a empty day for Eldora)) I will go there.

I went to Eldora last year when I was visiting my daughters in Boulder and I had a few good runs. Was surprised at the number of carvers I saw (3 or 4) but no one seemed to know about SES when I asked them. I might go again in late feb or march when I am on the eastern slope?

I am, usually, only one with my long boards there. It feels like, I am from another planet with my riding.)

However, I like this place. It's pretty wide there and good angles (around 20 - 28degrees) of slopes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Well, I just came from NY city, and hopefully will visit Eldora this sunday))

Do you want join me, Pete?))

The boss is mad that i am past deadline on a paper. If i can finish it saturday I will FOR SURE be going. Sadly that is why i have hardly boarded this year.

Edit 5pm Sunday afternoon: It is raining. I think that is a bad sign. I sure hope it is snow up in the mountains, radar is not looking good. I am not as far along on this manuscript as i need to be. But i am trying to hussle.

Edited by cadmus

The boss is mad that i am past deadline on a paper. If i can finish it saturday I will FOR SURE be going. Sadly that is why i have hardly boarded this year.

Edit 5pm Sunday afternoon: It is raining. I think that is a bad sign. I sure hope it is snow up in the mountains, radar is not looking good. I am not as far along on this manuscript as i need to be. But i am trying to hussle.

Anyway, i will be there at 9am:)

• 10 months later...
Anyone at eldora Fed 2nd of 2014?

It IS Superbowl Sunday tomorrow, best Sunday skiing of the year. Maybe the best of the decade because the Broncos are playing. I wish they would move the game to 11am kick off. That would keep the riffraff at home.

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, piusthedrcarve said:

Hey CO carvers~

I got a business trip next week in Denver and may able to ride on Saturday 12/8 morning.  Eldora would be the ideal one since I need to catch a flight on 5 pm.  Does anyone ride on that day?

I'm in Arvada. My wife and I usually head up on Saturdays to Eldora. Seven 2 O six4six 123five

• Like 1