Note to New Members ×

SES accomodation aspen area

nils

Well since no info is available on the SES page yet,

I'd like to know what kind of lodging can be available in the area.

We will be joining the aspen part of the SES only due to schedule difficulties, and would love to find a place to stay not too far from the slopes... We're arriving 3 days prior to the SES for freecarving the place and leave on the tuesday 24th...We're looking for condo like (three rooms with 2 beds in each for friends from tahoe are joining us), small hotel (youth hotel in aspen? ;) or free accomodation by rich widow ladies in their 80's with direct access to the slopes ( jacuzzi preferred) and grand-daughters in their twenties (modelling kind)> I can cook french meals as payment option in the last case.

Thnx in advance!

Heeeelp!

Nils

A few years ago they had free buses that ran all day and into the night from Aspen to Snowmass and everything in between. I'm assuming they still have that.

The town of Basalt is closer than Carbondale, with Glenwood Springs being the furthest. Basalt had a more frequent bus schedule to the mountains since it was closer.

There was a place called Maralt Ranch that had longer term rentals (employee housing kind of stuff) but they may have shorter term rentals. Maralt is right between Aspen and Highlands and is about a mile or so walk to the middle of Aspen on a paved walkway. After a few drinks it's a pretty nice walk.

There are definately lesser expensive places to stay in Aspen, but they can be hard to find. If I can remember them I'll post 'em but it's been a while. If you wear some tight pants there are plenty of filthy rich sugar-mama's out there looking for a sweet young man to throw sportscars and expensive chapagne at. I'l do some more research on place to stay though, I'm curious myself. Best of luck.

Ok post here the names of the mamas! (not into sportcars but champagne is ok i'm a heavy champagne drinker (used to live where it is produced)!

We are going to rent a car from Denver where we arrive (the globemaster private jet will not be ready on those dates) and from then are ready for any accomodations within 45 mins of snowmass ( btw not so much info on SES page about where it is in aspen). So don't need to be downtown really!

Nils