Note to New Members ×

Best sounding in helmet earphones/buds

Big D

I know I know, I should not be using headphones when making wide sweeping turns but I just got my first helmet, and if by chance I wanted to listen to some relaxing Gregorian chants, was wondering if anyone had any feedback on what the best sounding headphones/ear buds are that are helmet friendly (Smith Vantage Helmet). Thanks in advance.

D

http://www.headphone.com/ is a great place to research on different types of headphones. In ear type IEM's did not work for me because of the changing temperatures on the mountain, they fit well only on the warm days. I'm a big fan of Koss, I have a behind the neck band holding a pair of speakers from some Porta-Pros that I've had for years. With a good source and an amplifier http://headstage.com/The-Arrow-Amp:::1012.html?XTCsid=1406053c0c687870663a41757992b717 the KSC=75's sound great, some like the Yuin's but I've never listened to them. Good luck, Kipp Edited by I_LOVETT
More info

Porta Pros are amazing. I am on my second pair. I currently have the Sporta Pros. They are adjustable and can have the band on top the head or on the neck, so may be same model as you. Overall they are the best sounding and most bass responsive I have listened to and you cannot beat the price. Was just not sure if they will sync with the helmet, will let you know. For those reading this both models are exceptional and the have over 1200 4 star or better reviews on Amazon. Plus for 23 bucks you just cannot beat them!!!:lol:

They are the same driver, the KSC75's have a titanium coated driver. After 7 years my Porta-Pro's have great highs and smooth bass, I love letting people listen to them they always are amazed. The KSC75's are a bit harsh and I have a hard time taming the highs and the bass is not quite as "smooth/round/full" It's always difficult describing sound. I love listening to music on the hill I just pay more attention to what is going on around me. I've paid as little as 4 dollars a pair for Koss drivers (for future listening) and I get a kick out of seeing all the suckers paying premium prices for flashy colors and labels. Happy Trees! Kipp