Note to New Members ×

OT: For the Big Baloo at Bomber

fin

Sorry to hear about Baloo...I'm proud to have been ignored by him at least once...

I wasn't going to corrupt this thread with a non-canine pic, but I feel compelled to keep things, shall we say, "fair and balanced", after Nate spread his wings. Shown below, Milo (aka, The Fur Factory), four times the weight of Chris's dog, at 22 lbs. That's an FC171 he's decambering...

post-111-141842200223_thumb.jpg

It's really tough to lose a friend. Sorry to hear about it.

This is Abby, She is the best dog I've had the pleasure of spending time with yet. She's got a sweet disposition picks up tricks pretty quickly and never barks. (Yea i know...strange for a Lab, but she never barks.)

post-70-141842200229_thumb.jpg

We are all missing Baloo quite a bit. The office is not the same without him. Even the rest of the dogs were quite depressed yesterday. He will be remembered for a long time. That's the sucky part about having dogs, all of us will go through this at some point. However, at least all of our dogs will go with love, which is more than a lot of animals have.

Here's a shot of the sweet girl I lost last year, Connie. I also work with a husky rescue group in Colorado (same place Baloo came from) if anyone is interested in giving a dog a home for their last 4-5 years of their life. We also have some younger dogs available from time to time. If everyone can just spread the word even if you are not interested, you may know someone who is. Thanks!

post-49-141842200233_thumb.jpg

Condolences on your loss. A year ago (Almost exactly) my gf and I had to put down one of our dogs. Didn't take long before we got back up to 3 though! Here's the current batch:

Click HERE for a picture. For those of you on dialup, it is a large picture.

Like a lot of other dogs in this thread, they never want to stop playing, and wear us out if we don't take them hiking regularly!

Winnie came from a shelter

what really amazes is that people will abandon dogs and they full well know what will happen to them when they do

Winnie was probably the best behaved dog we have had here other than he hated to be alone and wanted to go everywhere with us

again why anyone would have left him I have no idea I guess some people are just heartless

post-109-141842200236_thumb.jpg

Guest dudleydudley

Sorry for your loss, Fin. I'm sure we can all understand how you must be feeling right now. Here is a pic of Dudley in typical form.

I also set up a webcam to keep an eye on him from the office during the day.

post-1338-141842200237_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...