Note to New Members ×

OT: For the Big Baloo at Bomber

fin

Well, I feel obligated to announce this as so many people have been through our shop in the past 4 years and they all had the honor of meeting the Big Baloo.

Our friend Baloo passed away this morning. We where never quite sure of his age as I got him from the local dog sled yard where he had recently retired. So for the past 4 years he was 13 years old. I am sure if you came into our shop at Bomber he probably came down the stairs, looked at you as if to say "big deal", maybe you got one pet in, then he retreated back to his upstairs domain away from the other "common" dogs in the main shop. He certainly lived the ultimate dog retirement plan.

Baloo is now in that big dog yard in the sky enjoying himself with all our other furry friends.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side note: as some of you know we are huge dogs fans here at Bomber. Employees are absolutely encouraged to bring their 4 legged friends to work. We spent big bucks last year just so everyone (including me) had a fenced yard to run around in out back.

I invite anyone here to please post a picture of you dog(s) on this thread (or anytime, for that matter). Would love to see what other people have for friends. I know this was done before, but heck, lets do it again.

Have a great season everyone.

post-1-141842200192_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear about your loss; you will always have the good memories. I know the pain having lost one of my guys (Clyde a.k.a A’Lilly) this September after a year long fight with cancer. We still have the rest of the herd to keep us busy though. (Big Boris and little Iko)

Alex

we lost our golden retriever about 2 years ago, also cancer, her name was Sugar. We are looking to get a Airdale after we get the bulk of the work done around the old ranch, aka build barn for the horse. I'm stuck with 3 cats around here, hardly the ideal situation in my mind! At least the mice are hard to find, except for the occaisonal treasure on the front porch!

Farewell Baloo. :(

This is Phoebe, my bronzewing pionus parrot. I've tried to teach her to fetch several times over the last couple of years but had no luck until last week, when we had the big breakthrough. She's perched on my shoulder as I write this...

post-9-141842200212_thumb.jpg

Guest thomas_m
Originally posted by D-Sub

ha! Thomas...are those dreads? or just matting from bein wet? you posted that pic before. good one!

Yep, those are dreads. He's a Bergamasco Sheepdog

We had to cut them off last summer. He got into something dead and we couldn't get the smell out. We tried washing him but he was so heavy he couldn't walk...

Fin...Sorry for you loss.. He looked like a happy old man who was lucky to have such a good Pop.

I just lost my good boy just after this Thanksgiving. This pic was from our last walk...He will always be missed.

If you can get going without pep pills,

If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,

If you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it,

If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time,

If you can overlook it when something goes wrong through no fault of yours and those you love take it out on you ,

If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,

If you can ignore a friend’s limited education and never correct him,

If you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend,

If you can face the world without lies and deceit,

If you can conquer tension without medical help,

If you can relax without liquor,

If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,

If you can honestly say that you have no prejudice against creed, color, religion or politics,

Then my friends, you are almost as good as your dog

20041129MaxAtRye_small.jpg

Fin,

The last few times I spoke with you and Michelle on the phone I heard all the dogs barking and playing in the background. It was funny because our conversations were innterupted by various dog "shinnanagins" (not spelled right). I love dogs more than most people and can relate to the loss.

ie: How many people do you know that can roll around in crap and think it's the best thing they ever did. We could learn alot from our 4 legged buddies.

Ken

Originally posted by thomas_m

Yep, those are dreads. He's a Bergamasco Sheepdog

We had to cut them off last summer. He got into something dead and we couldn't get the smell out. We tried washing him but he was so heavy he couldn't walk...

wow!

never seen one of those before!

hey...whats that kind of dog that looks like a mop? actually has "milli vanilli" style dread/braids?

I knew someone that had one of those and it was _mean_

one of these days Id like to make friends with a newfoundland or great pyrenees

Guest thomas_m
Originally posted by D-Sub

wow!

never seen one of those before!

hey...whats that kind of dog that looks like a mop? actually has "milli vanilli" style dread/braids?

I knew someone that had one of those and it was _mean_

If it was big and white-ish, it was a Komondor. They are bred to be extremely protective and can be aggressive. That's why we didn't get one. We were looking at them when we found out about the Bergamasco's.

If it was small and black, it was a Puli. Very high energy and seriously smart.

If either was mean, it was probably the owner's fault as is the case 99% of the time with dogs. There's a good reason dogs and men have been living together for a jillion years and I always makes me sad when I hear about someone's canine partner passing on.