Note to New Members ×

Ottawa Carving Sessions Jan-Feb

Ian M

Johnny,

The sessions are a very gracious offer from Ian to help us with our technique on a weekly basis at Vorlage. Last week we went over balance and all learned from his insight. I believe there are six planned sessions, every Tuesday night at Vorlage.

I am driving Rick up for the sessions. If you really need a ride, I can fit you into my car as well. Although I think if you ask nicely, you will find others live far closer to you ... I can't do pick-up because I am East and you are West, but I could pick you up at in the LCBO parking lot at Rideau and King Edward. DM me on Sunday to confirm.

Tabatha

I'll bring them to Vorlage though I might wimp out (let the abuse begin
:smashfrea
) with forecasted -20+ temps.
:eek:

I used to work at Environment Canada, so I can safely say; don't believe anything anyone from Environment Canad a tells you. I am sure they will update that by Monday. I remember at one point they were saying that Sunday would be -20 as well!

Hi Johnny,

Good job on the boots.

You're not far out of my way, I could probably pick you up. Either email me through the forum or post your email address so that I can get in touch with you.

So you still need a board? What happened to either Paul's (loopback) Prior 4WD or that Proton? I'm not sure when Paul is leaving town for Colorado, so you may be too late for that. Do you need bindings also?

Ian

Am I supposed to bring extra bindings that I have? I am not sure who they are spoken for. Ian; can you confirm. If I have time and energy (reading I am feeling very lazy today) I will remove them from the burn-board. If not, the burn-board will be at Vorlage on Tuesday with bindings for whomever needs them.

I have a request: Can we start at 6:45? I find getting to the hill and being ready to ride for 6:30 really tight. Could we say 6:30 for 6:45? Unless people are really against this and need to start at 6:30. I know you said you would be open to how people felt about start time ... putting it out there. Maybe a poll?

^ Right, then I highly suggest you don't ride the Proton that Tabby is very kindly offering. It is a noodle and will not support your weight and skill level.

Ian: would that board work for a 5'3", sub 80lbs 12 year old? He rides an old Morrow 148cm on softies now.......If this might work then Tabby please to do not actually burn that board. I may try and get him out his year.

I have the 4WD and will leave it with Phil (he's 5 min away) before I leave Tuesday AM.

I do NOT have bindings for it though.

Wicked - thanks Paul. I have Burton race plates that Johnny can use on that. Was gonna drag my factory prime out of retirement, but your Prior is a better fit. Can you give those six degree cant plates to Phil also please? I'd love to try 'em out soon :)

Ian: would that board work for a 5'3", sub 80lbs 12 year old? He rides an old Morrow 148cm on softies now.......If this might work then Tabby please to do not actually burn that board. I may try and get him out his year.

Yeah, I think it might. Try it out!

Wicked - thanks Paul. I have Burton race plates that Johnny can use on that. Was gonna drag my factory prime out of retirement, but your Prior is a better fit. Can you give those six degree cant plates to Phil also please? I'd love to try 'em out soon :)

No prob:D, the sixes were staying anyway. I will hand them off with the 4WD.

Hilux: Do you want to try that 157 Airwalk and/or 159 Rossi? They will be hanging on the wall for the next week.

I can give them to Phil with the 4WD if you want.

Cheers

//Paul