Note to New Members ×

injury incidence??

Guest kriss

is there any research to determine whether more injuries occur to hard boot carvers than soft boot riders? if so,any trend for the causes? types of injuries?

as a novice, what does the term "nose of the board fold up" mean?

Hmm, I'd guess it's all in the rider. Carvers do deal with a LOT of forces while carving, and losing all that momentum in a split second from a nose fold must be quite a bit of force. Also, high speed chatter on bad conditions can mess you up, you're better off just sucking your knees in and riding it out.

I'd bet that if there are less injuries in hardbooters, it's more because the average rider is probably more responsible and experienced than the average guy trying a 360 off a big booter without checking the landing first :) but if you are a hardbooter who takes big risks, accidents will happen.

This is why, on soft conditions, I take it real easy. I don't feather it, but take slow and low carves over going fast and aggressive.

When you guys speak about folding the nose, how hard do you pressure it? When I pressure my nose to much, it digs in, I lose my edge (not enough pressure on the rear part of the board) and go in a spin before it digs in too far. Is it because I don't pressure it as much as you guys or because my board has a "stiff nose"?