Note to New Members ×

Snowmass Inn - how is it?

Can't comment on the Snowmass Inn but if you want to know what the problem areas are in hotels check out CBC broadcastings Market Place they did inspections with a Microbioligist and concluded they all need a better cleaning. Major areas of concern: Bathroom taps and surfaces. Put a towel down to place all your toiletries on. Never place them on the counter top. Bed covers should not be used as they are not usually changed between patrons. TV remote (put in a plastic bag) Ice machines had ecoli in and on them (drink shots straight from the bottle). Wash the glasses before you use them. Even though surfaces looked clean hidden cameras revealed that cleaning staff would wipe down the entire bathroom with the same cloth (yes even the can). The object of their work was to have everything look clean not be clean.

• 3 weeks later...

Check your bank accounts because the Snowmass Inn has just debited the balance of my accommodation costs from my Visa card. They subsequently sent me an e-mail letting me know they require full payment 45 days in advance of arrival.

My confirmation e-mail from them back in early September only mentioned the need for a 50% deposit, which I paid.

I've asked them for justification before I write a tripadvisor report and talk to my bank and Visa.

SunSurfer

Edited by SunSurfer