Ottawa ride-thread

Tabatha

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A wish individual pointed out that tomorrow (Monday) may be the best day to ride this week (based on the incresinly warm temperatures) and I was just lent a sexy new board from Bruce (that will probably kick my ass). Anyone interested in a short after-work jaunt to Cascade after work tomorrow? It is half price Monday's for anyone who doesn't have a night pass - and for those of us who do; well it will be my first night riding there.

Anyone interested?

On the drive back into town, Ian put in a request for the rain to be on hold until after the class on Tuesday. I pulled a few strings and have forbidden rain until Tuesday after 10pm. Should snow tomorrow and Tuesday ... couldn't stop the rain, just managed to delay it a bit.

So; up for tomorrow? Um ... I might need a ride! Will see how the car is doing!

• 2 weeks later...

Was at Edielwiess this morning (and it wasn't that cold and windy) and there was a small pose of carvers! A few guys who used to teach (on skis for their Sunday ride) and two others who seem to head up there on a regular basis. I have Serge's e-mail address and will loop him into the group, but I just wanted people to know that if they are looking for people to carve with on the weekends, there are some great people up there ... they also play hookie a lot and head out mid week!

• 2 weeks later...

Planning to hit Vorlage tonight. Didn't go up last night but with this current dump, need to make use of the pass. Last week was first outing of season and with fresh snow like this, can't pass it up.

I'll be on soft boots tonight, probably ride the Fish too... :-)

• 3 weeks later...

FYI - Edelweiss is the last mountain open for nights this week. Tickets are half price $18 when purchased online. Definitely spring conditions but hardly anyone there. Hardened up nicely once the sun went down. It was still pretty light out at 7:30....weird.

• 2 weeks later...