Note to New Members ×

Ottawa ride-thread

Tabatha

But if you like ... I can bring it and you can tell me if it sucks as much as he says it does! It is going in the car tomorrow. There will be one small girl, a brand new ski jacket at THREE snowboards for the dinkiest hill in Ottawa.

:lol:haha, "dinkiest"...so true.

I'll see how the epoxy cures, and plan to ride the FP. Don't worry too much about it...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not to be a party-pooper but MSM is a funnel...especially when they are down to 2 runs on Vanier (which they claim is 4-5). Maybe with the snow it'll be better...I'm just picturing weekend crowds there, maybe not though. edit: the forecast is okay for MSM

Calabogie is down a lot of runs too and they aren't getting the snow we're getting (and east of here). If they groom, and get Barrett Chute open I'd be more down (showing it's closed). I was controlling the webcam and it looks like they had groomers on it this morning otherwise not so keen with limited runs. I was also thinking Titus but they are expecting crummy weather and freezing rain overnight. Mont Blanc? I don't know...Cascades (a bunch of runs just reopened)? That rain really did a number...my brain hurts...coffee

edit: Mont Blanc is looking promising, perhaps a little too warm however they do have snow! Anyone up for a small road trip?

post-9924-14184238185_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hilux
pic

Sure man, Mont Blanc sounds good! Who all is in? Ryan, Tab, me, is Deb coming? Lifts open at 8:30am on weekends, but I'd be happy to aim for 9.

I just texted Rebecca who wants to slide tomorrow too..., Chris Dunn is going to stay closer to Ottawa with another birthday boy.

Edited by Ian M

Boots arrived last night about 6pm (27 hrs after me). I lost the day on snow yesterday but will try and make it up with a day @ LL and then the same night at Keystone.

Altitude and fitness level were a factor today but man I had fun.

//Paul

Glad to hear...that would have sucked if it was any more delayed. Worst case you'd have been in the perfect location to buy/borrow other boots. Have fun but don't rub it in too much ;)

Looks like everyone's riding this weekend has been filled with adventure. I never made it to SOS ... !!! Glad boots have been reunited with owner and will get to be used (and abused).

??? Dang.

Was out tonight at Cascades for a couple hours and conditions were pretty good. I vowed to never go on a Friday night again because of the school crowds but it wasn't too bad. Thinking of Sunday night or possibly day somewhere.