Ottawa ride-thread

Tabatha

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been up for 26 minutes, and I just coughed for the first time! Progress!!

Woo!

Tabby, I'm thinking of either Vorlage or Cascades. I was thinking bigger (Mont Ste Marie) but kinda far, more $$, and I'm not a fan of the terrain to tell you the truth...let me think on it. What were you thinking?

I can't believe I am about to suggest this ... but what about Camp Fortune? Since Ian isn't joining us ... ??? I would also be up for Vorlage!

:eek:Wow...hmmmm...whew...sheese...errr....ahhhh...I guess we can't get it over with;) I'll go as long as we get there first chair...I still think I need a few hours to mull this over.

Wow! Thanks Ryan - that was quite the reaction. I knew it was BAD, but not THAT bad! Note, I am trying to hit every hill again this season and Camp Fortune (for obvious reasons) is going to be the hardest to convince people to play with me on! Honestly, Sunday's are better there and yes, it is only worth it if you make it for first chair.

My book marked website for all things snowboard in Ottawa: http://www.skiottawa.com/ Lists all the hills along with links to their websites and percentage open.

The backside of Cascade looks open, although Vorlage currently has more terain open in terms of total runs.

Chris - you in for tomorrow? Where do you want to go?

Is the back side of cascades open?

The one run "expedition" is open (skiers right) but it looks like the other half is closed. I'm trying to picture how wide the half is. I was toying with the idea of Cascades as well but leaning towards Vorlage because of number of runs open hoping it will thin the crowd out. Vorlage has the left chair open with Look-Out and Birch Valley good to go. I pretty much stick to these runs for the consistent pitch however Look-Out on weekends will sometimes have gates set up pretty well smack dab in the middle...hopefully there's a race happening somewhere else.

Anywho, I'm game for wherever the crowd (carvers) goes. Tabby, I'll consider a Sunday morning Camp Fortune if it's balls on Saturday...although I might do a Sunday night Cascades because it's dead (and I've got the pass).

Vorlage it is! See everyone there. First chair is at 8:30!

See ya there! I think they open at 9:00 though no? Either way I'll be there early...should be a beauty day :D Oh and don't forget your ski extreme pass it's $25 plus tax I think.

Hey guys,

It was great fun today! I just learned something of interest: my girlfriend - aka the engineer - can buy tickets at Edelweiss at 30$ instead of 41$. She can buy up to 20 tickets per transaction, but has to buy them one day in advance. There may also be some deals for Tremblant (53$ instead of 76$), 20 tickets also. We are not sure if she needs to be there though...

So if we are thinking about heading there, let me know in advance! :D

cheers

Anyone free tomorrow (Tuesday)? Pending the purchase of a new jacket ... mine met an unfortunate end yesterday during an all-out snow-war while snowshoeing! Who knew snowshoeing could be so dangerous!

I can't do Wednesday or Thursday. But Sunday I am all about a bigger trip - anyone interested?

A friend and local skier put together a cheat sheet on deals in the hood. If you see Chris Dunn on the hills, buy him a beer as a thank-you (because he even called the hills to confirm the details!)

Camp Fortune

Tue - 2 for 1 nights ($29)

Sat - 2 for 1 nights ($29)

Edelweiss

Tue - $17 nights (3-10pm)

Sat - 2 for 1 nights ($33)

Sun - 2 for 1 nights ($33)

Mont Blanc

Tue - Ladies Day - $20 lift ticket

Wed - Mens Day - $20 lift ticket

Mont Cascades

Mon - half price nights ($32/$37) - to be confirmed

Mont Ste Marie

Mon - Ladies Day - $39 lift ticket with $12 lunch coupon included

Tue - $20 Tuesdays

Mount Pakenham

Tue - 2 for 1 day & night ($30 day, $22 night)

Sat - 2 for 1 nights ($22)

Party at Vorlage on Tuesday night ... a pre-lesson season warm-up? Especially since it is going to be warm and then rain on Wednesday. Rain? Really? Sigh ...

I might have to bring out the slalom stick tomorrow night...just epoxied my board as I had a 4inch long by 1/8th inch deep strip of topsheet ripped right off down to the metal. Pretty bummed about it...also had to fix up the other side that was delaming from my boot hitting the side when skating along (started last year after 15 days out). :mad:Not really impressed with durability as my Burton FP held up far better after years and years of use...of course it doesn't perform as well. Dang.

I have a Proton I can lead you.

Gear update; new jacket was purchased this afternoon. I didn't go with either pink or purple so your eyes are saved the horror tomorrow from the possible glare or clash of the colours of a new jacket. It is actually a nice jacket and was a great price too! Happy Dance (well, apart from the fact that Ryan is also experiencing a gear crisis).

I have a Proton I can lead you.
:eek:

Dare I say it before Ian? Burn it!!! Or let me ride it tomorrow night and we can burn it afterwards :D Is my Burton FP stiffer than the Proton?

Edit: oh, congrats on the new digs. What colour...please don't tell me it's black.

Edited by Hilux

I said it because I knew Ian would tell me to burn it! I didn't think you would jump on the Proton-hate band wagon as well! Where is the love people? And based on my life in 2012, I would prefer to not have a season ending fire!

But if you like ... I can bring it and you can tell me if it sucks as much as he says it does! It is going in the car tomorrow. There will be one small girl, a brand new ski jacket at THREE snowboards for the dinkiest hill in Ottawa.