Note to New Members ×

Check out this One...

neil sunday

I was at Roundtop for the first time in about 8-9 years on Tuesday. I was suprised with the number of hardbooters on the mountain and a couple folks I spoke with on the chair that didn't have their hardboots on that day. now that I have begun diggin trenches, I am more aware of other riders doing the same.

Nice pic on the Website and I'll keep my eyes peeled for you next time I'm down from Easton. I ride at Blue Mountain usually.

Take Care

Greg

Greg-

If you saw us Tuesday, it was my snowboard team. That was the second day of Christams Camp. I coach the team there... Check us out on Monday or Wednesday nights we practice from 6 until 9 pm on Exhibition. Stop by and intorduce yourself. We're practicing MOnday night for the race at Camleback coming up...

Is Marion still at Blue?

Later-

Neil

I didnt really see any groups riding together just individuals.

I just ride at Blue, I really do not anyone except those I meet on the lift. I just moved to the area a couple years ago and have only been going to Blue for 2 years now. Due to my schedule , I get there, get my runs in and go to work, not too much socializing.

I intend to start meeting more folks through alpine, I've been a lone wolf for pretty much of the 20 years of riding. My work has made me move frequently and it made me just go when I had the opportunity and on a whim. Most of my close friends had jobs that kept them in the same area. Now that I have a job that I'm not on the road as much I want to meet more ppl to ride with.

I may come check it out at Camelback.

Later

Greg

neil sunday, If you mean Marion Dziak, the instructor, yes he is suppose to be at Blue again this season. From what I have been told, on weekends. Looking forward to finding him for a 'Alpine Lesson' from what I have been told he's 'QUITE' knowlegeable!

jp

JP

Maybe we can go in on a lesson together if he is that good. I'm going to take a few more weeks to work into the new setup then look him up. I am also possibly looking into getting my brother and his busines partner to shoot an alpine video for me andsome other riders in teh Eastern PA area. They do local sports team videos in the Lehigh Valley and have made a decent name for themselves. I shoot for them on the side and sometimes do some acting for them as a stand-in. It's pretty cool. Want to get some proof for future grandkids 30 years from now when my knees cant hadle it.

Greg

Chubz, I had the same thought in mind. I got to the point last season where I was riding, but just felt like I needed help.

I want to get out and get comfortable again (get back to where I was) then hook up with him (or someone@Straton) to get over the hump, and know what to work on to get to the next level.

I think just talking to him , while actually 'on the snow' when everything is fresh in my head may be valuable. I've got a feeling, from what I've heard, if we met him, and rode with him a few runs, got some input from him & applied that a few days, then take a lesson, would be the ideal scenario.

Cool with the video, yea know about the Grandkids, already have 2, and they think I'm a little crazy(my son thinks 'everything' is dangerous) his loss.

jp

Neil, that's really cool. Two different hardboot pictures in one day. Were you the first one? (White Jacket)

That has to be about the best web site I've ever seen as far as organization and layout. I wish all site developers put half that much effort into things.

The links are cool too (Q: What do you call a driver with 3 snowboarders in the back seat?

A: The sheriff!)