Note to New Members ×

Advice for new rig set up...

ScottW

It has been a loooooong time since I have had to consider this, but I found a new board and bindings under the tree this year. The wife took pity on me and got an F2 & TD2's...:D . This rig replaces my 14 year old "carving" set up, a Burton M6 with softies, and I have no idea what I need to do before I hit that white crusty stuff we pretend is snow here in the southeast.

Do you guys tune a board right out of the plastic wrap, or just wax it and go? Anything special I should do with the bindings/screws/inserts aside from following the set up instructions elsewhere on this board?

Suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Scott

Scott

What model F2 and is it new?

If a Speedster and new...it "should" already have adequate structure. You may need to fiddle with your edges depending upon riding conditions.

I can't comment on PTC until I actually receive my Madd, but any shop with a stone and DARN DARN DARN GOOD tech should be able to accomplish the job....providing your board doesn't have structure.

Other ideas I'd recommend is a few layers of hot wax and some teflon (plumber's) tape around the TD threads...

K