Note to New Members ×

Need a room for one

Contemplating an appearance at SES - need a place to stay. I'd be in for the whole week. A room with kitchenette would be nice as I have special food needs and have to cook all of my own meals, but I can make do with just a place to put a cooler and plug in a crock pot..... Anyone have a spare bed or looking to share a room? :D

Well, I need to hold that thought for a few days - my car went belly up literally 20 min after I posted here. I knew it was old and was kind of looking for something new anyway, but now I won't have the time to really shop around, and may end up paying more than I really wanted. We'll see if I still have Aspen in my budget when I get done......

Re: Green Drake, I'm trying to avoid that drive to Basalt if I can. I've stayed there before, but always seemed to end up doing the round trip to Aspen twice a day. Hoping to avoid that this year. OK, I'll keep you posted, and if you find something else, that's cool too! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Hero,

Yep! Still need a roomie. You flying or driving? You done SES before? If so any preference as to where you want to stay.

The Snowmass Inn sounds to be the SES Center of the Uiniverse, but I don't want to throw down $800-$1000 4 months in advance....as they charge you when you make the reservation!

Hey Hero,

Yep! Still need a roomie. You flying or driving? You done SES before? If so any preference as to where you want to stay.

The Snowmass Inn sounds to be the SES Center of the Uiniverse, but I don't want to throw down $800-$1000 4 months in advance....as they charge you when you make the reservation!

BarryJ...dunno where the info is comming from...but I made my reservation at the Snowmass Inn on Oct 23... I have a room to all myself... Nice eh...(thats canadian for "Nice eh")... I only had to put down 10% with the balance due 45 days prior to arrival... so I don't know where your getting 4 months? I used stayataspen.com

Dunno...maybe they like me...:freak3:

TR - try the St. Moritz:

http://www.stmoritzlodge.com/

I've stayed there every year for the last 5 or so. They're probably the cheapest place in Aspen (by a long shot). I think their dorm rooms are $50 - $60 per night.

The upside:

1) The staff is really friendly (I think one guy has been there for over 30 years).

2) They have an outdoor pool heated to 95 degrees that they open every day at 4PM so people can relax and swap lies.

3) They have a free continental breakfast that isn't anything special but it is fuel for the day. I think you could cook your meals in their small kitchen. They really seem to go out of their way to accomodate people.

4) It is located right in town so you can walk to most places or take the free buses.

The downside:

1) The place is pretty old and the rooms are nothing special. The dorm rooms are just that - a clean place to sleep with random other roommates with bathrooms down the hall.

Anyway - I'm probably going to stay there again this year because none of my riding buddies attend SES for more than a couple of days.

Check it out. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Gee Shred, I guess you're just "special". :D A few days ago I reserved a room there (though I'm still on the fence about actually going) and all through the online reservation process it said it would be 10% down. After I entered my card number it informed me that I had just been charged 50% down because that is the reservation rate for winter season. I used the Snowmass Inn website. Guess you snuck in on the early bird special...

John E, I looked at the St. Moritz website - it's very, very difficult for me to prepare safe food in a kitchen that other people are using, particularly in a group setting with people who don't know me and don't care. We're talking molecules of gluten here, and it's crazy for me to go to all the trouble and expense of getting myself to Aspen only to spend the whole week too sick to ride, and possibly too sick to drive home... I'll try to take the time to do a tour of the place if I do make it to Aspen this year, and see if I could make it work in the future.

Probably a good option for others though. I'd book there in a heartbeat if it weren't for the food thing....

They're also more money than the Snowmass Inn.

When I compaired snowballs to snowballs.. the Moritz was more.. My request was a room to myself with private bathroom.. Moritz was like $206..ouch especially for a old place...

They say I snore...I say not true...they just want to get rid of me is my guess....:freak3:

When I compaired snowballs to snowballs.. the Moritz was more.. My request was a room to myself with private bathroom.. Moritz was like $206..ouch especially for a old place...

They say I snore...I say not true...they just want to get rid of me is my guess....:freak3:

Yup, same boat as you - I have no desire to share a bathroom or inflict my alleged snoring (which is allegedly world-class) on strangers.

The St. Moritz is $62 per night for a shared (dorm) room and only 10% down. I went with it for the price and the location. I've stayed in plentry of Hostels in Europe.....couldn't be any worse, and who knows maybe even a SES participant as a roomie!

The Snowmass Inn seemed fairly isolated without wheels