Note to New Members ×

big bear, tickets

thomas

I will be in big bear over new years with a few friends. Has anybody an idea how the situation with lift tickets is on weekends/holidays from first hand experience? They recommend to purchase them in advance. I was planning to dig some trenches on Thursday and avoid the crowd hopefully for at least one day.

Thanks,

Thomas

Guest Jim Pryor

Hi Thomas, I live in Running Springs which is about 30 min. from Bear Mt. and Snow Summit. Lift tickets are $48. Weekdays open from 8:30-4:00 weekends 8-4. On major holidays it is a good idea to get tickets in advance. The riding has been unreal this year!! Rode X-mas eve and it was cold, wind from N.E. and good packed pow. They make real quality snow and the grooming is top notch. I ride Bear just about every day and prefer it to Summit. Get over to Silver Mt. at Bear about 10:00. The run is called Exibition and is perfect for Alpine. Summit has more runs and less terrain features (Kickers,Spines,Rails, boxes) but Bear is higher and has better snow. Get there when it opens and it is not crowded until 10:30-11:00. We are supposed to have major storm this week so snow quality is up in the air. Anyway have fun and I usually ride early so hope to see you. Jim Pryor