Note to New Members ×

Cants: 3degree front 6 degree back

garyj

Any thoughts or insights before I order TD2’s? Based on what little I have read in this forum, and what Jack has written, I have decided to go with a 3 degree front cant and 6 degree back. The rear cant is probably pretty close to what I ride now, although with Burton physics it is hard to exactly know. What can I expect going from a zero degree front to a 3 degree front?

Hey D-sub, last time I saw you at Mammoth it looked like you were ridding 3 degree front cant. Let me know how it has been working since then.

Thanks

I road all of last year with a 3 and 6 cant on my td2's. Couldn't quite get it dialed in and after talking with Fin switched to 6 in the front and 3 in the rear. Amazing what a difference a little thing like this caused. I also put the front cant at 70 degrees instead of 90, again a big difference. When you get them play around with what works. They amount of adjustment is amazing!

Ken

Originally posted by garyj

MTNKEN specifically what riding characteristics did you notice when you made the change? What was happening to make you feel the bindings couldn’t be dialed in before the change? Thanks for the insight.

I was having a little front knee pain, but that was probably just old knees. The real issue for me were heel side turns. It felt like I could never get the weight just right and as soon as I made the change to 6 in the front it put the weight right where it needed to be. Also, I felt I was pushing too hard an my front knee even after switching to 6 in the front. That is when I put the cant disk at 70 degrees. It put the knee right over the middle of the board and made the turns better than ever.

Hey D-sub, last time I saw you at Mammoth it looked like you were ridding 3 degree front cant. Let me know how it has been working since then.

Thanks

seems fine to me. havent compared it to anything else though. Bought a pair of Catek to try em out, but decided I dig bombers more as a whole.

considering trying 6* back and just toe lift in front. Seems to me this would put you more in the drivers seat, which is how I feel more comfortable riding.

I seriously think that bomber otta offer demo cant disks via mail or something...

heh...that was you I saw on the run off 22 that one time? Man...I can ride better than that, I SWEAR! ;)

Yea it was me. If I recall your coiler was new and you were missing your 180+ Donek. Trying to get a new board wired in those choppy conditions would have been frustrating for anyone.

So are you running a 3* in front and what in the back?

yeah, I was on an AM177, but...no donek...had been ridin a Killer Loop 180 and PJ7 the year before. Lately its been this MLY167...more of an AM type...and having a BLAST on it!

anyway...3* Front and back. Feels ok to me with nothing to compare it to.

I just talked to a boot fitter yesterday and he said I was "neutral" on all fronts...not bowlegged, no pronation, no duck feet. Guess Im kinda lucky in a way

oh..btw...its snowing in bend and at bachelor! yay!