Note to New Members ×

What music are you listening to today?

Sultan Guy

I think we have entered an alternative reality.  I just heard " I wanna be your dog" as the music for a Russian Silver medalists figure skaters long program.  That $hit just ain't right.  Entertaining, but oh so wrong

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, big mario said:

I think we have entered an alternative reality.  I just heard " I wanna be your dog" as the music for a Russian Silver medalists figure skaters long program.  That $hit just ain't right.  Entertaining, but oh so wrong

Mario

Given the aftermath of the whole thing, could there have been a more appropriate song? Maybe she chose it as a thumb in the eye to her handlers but more likely they chose it as an unsubtle message...Either way, I'm disappointed she didn't go full Iggy and smear herself with peanut butter while rolling around in broken glass. Missed opportunity there.

• Haha 3

Got some new HiFi toy thing so playing with that. Currently listening to "The Smiths" because I really never got them, so putting in some time hoping that gets better. Earlier... "The Sisters of Mercy" which wasn't bad, and a bit of Rush to keep the Canadian fires burning.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not right now, but going to the Levitt pavilion for a Free Calexico concert tomorrow night, with the last minute bonus addition of Devotchka.  My honi did spring for the VIP tixs...

Mario

Edited by big mario

• 4 months later...

Cory Wong, The Paisley Park Session.

In other news, on a recent trip down the YouTube rabbit hole, which often involves Rick Beato, I came across his top 10 most underrated guitar solos.  #1 is Steve Lukather's solo at the end of the 1983 Lionel Richie song Running With The Night.  I then learned that when Lukather went to record the solo, the engineer played him the basic tracks of the song so he could get a feel for it.  He began jamming to it to warm up.  He didn't know he was being recorded.  When he was finished he said ok I'm ready for a take.  The engineer said that was a take, and we'll just use that!  Incredible!  Check it out.

22 hours ago, lordmetroland said:

Stupid and offensive. Like all my favorite music.

you and I are probably the only 2 nitwits on this forum that actually owned this or even know about thie dickies. haven't seen this cassette in a decade or 2.  I always loved the visuals this produced in my juvenile, as well as my current "adult" brain

On second thought, Kneel might have possessed this at one time as well, he fits right in with you and I

Edited by big mario
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, big mario said:

you and I are probably the only 2 nitwits on this forum that actually owned this or even know about thie dickies. haven't seen this cassette in a decade or 2.  I always loved the visuals this produced in my juvenile, as well as my current "adult" brain

On second thought, Kneel might have possessed this at one time as well, he fits right in with you and I

I had it on cassette. 😐  I may still have Gigantor and Banana Split singles on vinyl which I allegedly "borrowed" from WRSU where my friend had a radio show in college.  Allegedly...

• Like 2

@big mario Did you see the Dickies any of the times they played the Court Tavern in New Brunswick? I was there both times. Actually, you probably caught them at the Parrot which they played as well..or City Gardens.  Didn't see them at the GP, but did at City Cardens.  Mayhem... 

Oh, derailed, what I'm listening to now...

9 hours ago, Kneel said:

@big mario Did you see the Dickies any of the times they played the Court Tavern in New Brunswick? I was there both times. Actually, you probably caught them at the Parrot which they played as well..or City Gardens.  Didn't see them at the GP, but did at City Cardens.  Mayhem... 

Oh, derailed, what I'm listening to now...

Nice, Soothing, bedtime music...

'No, unfortunately I did not

14 hours ago, big mario said:

you and I are probably the only 2 nitwits on this forum that actually owned this or even know about thie dickies. 

I have The Incredible Shrinking Dickies as FLAC. 

Listening to Lindisfarne today: 

1. Nicely out of tune
  2. Fog on the Tyne
  3. Dingley Dell

... because I just discovered Alun Hull; my girlfriend's from his neck of the woods; and I never heard this stuff in decent quality whilst sober before.

1 hour ago, SunSurfer said:

Agree that the descriptions of his behaviour sound awful. Plenty of great performers are far from perfect people.

Well, there's "far from perfect" which describes pretty much everybody, and then there's setting the bar so low that it requires digging to get under it.

• 5 weeks later...

This is sorta music related, so will share it here.  I love watching carving videos on youtube, but I don't want to watch so many ads, and I refuse to pay for youtube premium.  Also, the music accompanying these great carving videos often leaves something to be desired. 

The following will work for those who have Samsung phones (sorry Apple fans🙂)

Download Firefox, and get the add-ons Privacy Badger and uBlock Origin.  With these in place, I'm able to watch youtube on Firefox ad free.  

Then, download Samsung's Sound Assistant app.  It allows individual control of app volumes.  Basically, this allows me to select the audio I want.  So I watch youtube on Firefox, mute Firefox on the Sound Assistant app, and listen to Spotify.  

It is less complicated then it might seem at first glance, works great, and makes the time at the gym fly by!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...