Note to New Members ×

What music are you listening to today?

Sultan Guy

Wow, so much great music and talent out there. Thanks for all of the great music and posts. Keeps it fresh and clean for us all. I tend to get focused and generalised on one or two genres of music. So, it's nice to get the refresher course from BOL members. Anyone out there a Yellowjackets fan? Modern jazz or jazz? I grew up playing the trumpet and got caught up in the big band sound during the 1970's that I have an identity crisis when it comes to rock and jazz. But only for a minute or two.

Mark

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rHHH97QlI8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 6 years later...

my jangly guitar station on pandora, a nice mix of multiple decades of garage pop from  the velvet underground to The  Jam, Lemonheads,  The Pixies, The feelies, the replacements, with an occasional old school surf band.  Somehow Lucinda Williams ended up  with a track in the mix

Mario

6 hours ago, big mario said:

How are you not in an insane asylum with your love of songs like this?

Ah, the soothing tones of Alan Vega...it’s making me drowsy. Or maybe it’s these massive doses of Haldol. Either way, I was hoping to be released before the season started but, alas, I’m back in restraints.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...