Note to New Members ×

First Asymmetrical Alpine Snowboard / Historical Quest on Facebook

I have several copies of Absolutely Radical and I think it was issue # 3 or 4 that advertised the "Prop snow plane" which sort of looked like a propeller prop of an airplane and was what I believe was the first advertised Asym. T

Hold the phone. Was this thing intended for carving groomed hardpack? Was its asymmetry intended to improve carving? If no and/or no, then I don't think this qualifies as what is being discussed in this thread...?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did not mean to get off topic... I have a couple on the wall too :) here then is another opinion

http://www.k5.com/page.asp?itemid=217

[ATTACH]30627[/ATTACH]

Rode one of these back in the "late-earlies" aka 1988-1995. I remember blunting it... (cutting the tip and tail with a jig saw) as that was popular at the time. Shortened the board and shaved some weight. a fun, forgiving board.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have several asyms that are in my quiver. I have an alp 7, PJ 7 and also the woody asym air 6.7. I ride these regularly and still enjoy to run old school.

Actually the funny thing is that my newer Virus boards deliver performance that was as fun and aggressive as these old style asyms did. Fun can be had anywhere, anytime, and any style.

Lamberto