Note to New Members ×

Deeluxe 225

NWboarder

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a pair of 225's to replace my Raichle 413's. They were a bit narrower in the forefoot, had them punched out, and they are a bit stiffer than the Raichles, but love them since the mods were done.

They are "supposed to be the softest" in the Deeluxe line from the comments here on BOL.

I also put BTS on them to give more forward flex and shock absorbtion in the chattery snow.

I ride them almost exclusively, except on powder days when I ride my powder boards with the 413's.

Hope this helps if you are thinking of buying them.

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

I have a very narrow, flat, low volume foot so my 225's are loose in every dimension except length. I had them stretched which made them slightly longer and slightly lower volume, which helped with some of the fit issues. Re: soft - I find the plastic is extremely affected by temperature. I'm female, weigh about 120 lbs and ride with a BTS kit - usually yellow springs. At temps below zero I find these boots plenty stiff. I prefer how they flex from 5-20 degrees. Above 25 degrees I find them quite soft and will sometimes put blue springs on top on my BTS kit to compensate. Because I ride a lot of below zero days, I wouldn't want a stiffer boot - I wouldn't be able to flex them. If I rode more days at warm temps I might be looking for a something stiffer.