Note to New Members ×

An yet another mammal threatens to best me at snowboarding...

scrapster

the place where that video was shot is 45 minutes from my house. i haven't been there in 5 years, if that tells you anything. what a dogtrack - and if anybody chimes in in defense of it, they don't know what they are talking about.

Yes that whopping 650' feet of vertical is quite pathetic. and I think that might be measured from the top of the radio tower to the bottom of the snowmaking pond.

Are you taking advantage of the Stratton deal they offered Season pass holders? We are going this Friday.

Jason

the place where that video was shot is 45 minutes from my house. i haven't been there in 5 years, if that tells you anything. what a dogtrack - and if anybody chimes in in defense of it, they don't know what they are talking about.

Very true. I visited few other slopes near us this season (Canaan Valley, Timberline, WISP and WT) and no wonder WT has most of us around. Oh, last Tuesday trip to WISP was good. 6 hours of total driving for 1.5 hour riding excluding times on chairs... my wife think I'm crazy but was worth every turn. good snow. But I don't know which one your ride mostly but North side (Little/Big Dippers) were not steep enuff for my taste. Squire Cage and Main Street were good for SL but I doubt I can have fun on GS board .. steep but short. None can't beat WT's Farside. IMO.

WISP is worthy. I do laps on Squirrel Cage - 12 turns on a big GS board. Main Street is good but there is no real finish area and it's dicey if it's icy. Squirrel Cage can be special when it's really chalky, as good as any with the lake effect snow. Also, the work visas have been going to the Brazilian, Argentinian and Peruvian kids for a few years now and they are awesome. Smiles and techno all around - great attitude, just charming. Even the guys.

Pius, I am going to CO. I'll email you.