Note to New Members ×

Dalbello ID Thermo Pro

queequeg

I got a new set of liners last week after my Dalbello ID Gold's packed out. This time I decided to to with the Dalbello ID Thermo Pro. This liner is a lot like the ID Gold but they are somewhat thicker and are made of a higher density foam than the ID Gold liner. I was hoping that this would be a higher performance liner that would result in a more supportive and stiffer boot - and that is what they did. The liner is quite stiff and firm and it really supports the foot very well. One nice detail is that there are no seams in the forefoot area over the toes across the nail/flesh zone - I found that in the days after molding these seams can sometimes cause some irritation if they rub over your toes. A word to the wise though: they are dense, and if you downsize your boots (as I do) you want to be very proactive about padding out your forefoot and toes with a bit of extra width/toe room or you might end up suffering. I had to mold mine twice before I got it right.

http://www.dalbello.it/us/fit-system-id-thermo

Great liner - warm, supportive and easy to get in and out of. They sell them at the Starting Gate in VT.

Edited by queequeg

Thanks for the review. Any idea if these are the same as Alpine Liners fron Intuition? I'm looking for liners similar to the ones that came with my Susukas, which were pretty firm. I haven't been too impressed with the Deeluxe liners lately

Also thanks for the review.

I got a new set of liners last week after my Dalbello ID Gold's packed out.

I have questions :) I just picked up a pair of Dalbello ID Golds in my mondo size, Im wondering: how many times did you remold them to your foot? And how long did it take for them to pack out? Im wondering what the life expectancy might be, btw what boots did you use them in?

Sorry for the late response guys - some answers to your questions:

Rocketman - no clue if they are the same as Alpine liners from Intuition, but judging from appearances alone they seem different around the ankle - also, the ID pro is all black whereas the Alpine is all grey (on their website anyway). They are definitely made by intuition, but they do not look exactly like any of the liners I see on their site, so I assume there are some differences. Maybe somebody else can shed some light.

benttech: I think the gold liners probably had a little under 80 or so days of riding on them. They were used in a pair of UPZ. Initally, they were molded once. Once they packed out I tried remolding them - that did help and I could have probably gone the rest of the season on them but they still did not feel as good as I wanted them to (and I wanted a more supportive liner anyway). I am fairly downsized in my shell size, and I don't like much wiggle room inside so that might also be a factor.

Edited by queequeg
english