Note to New Members ×

2012 Donek Razor 162 Olympic Core & Salomon Caliber Bindings

scrapster

Donek Razor 162 w/ Olympic Core $375 + shipping SOLD

Waist: 24.5cm

Effective Edge: 139cm

SCR: 9.25m (radial)

Decambered Tip & Tail

Razors are too much fun not to have one in your quiver! I had Sean heavily tweak this one for me with the aim of creating a quiver killer, and it's very close to that. The board absolutely slays soft snow, powder and marginal conditions. It's a very energetic groomer-carver with great edge hold as well, though it gives me (at 145lbs) a good workout on east coast hardpack. I imagine it would be wonderful with hardboots. Near new condition with only 4 days on snow. Very, very slight base wear. I only had a prep tune done to set the bevels.

What's up with the nose? Many softboot carvers (and BX boards) are stubbies that don't excel off the groom. I wanted to bridge both worlds with this board and have a softy carver that also excelled in pow and crud. It works well! I think it also made the board torsionally stiffer--which is great for carving and pow--but more board than I was looking for at my light weight.

Will consider trade for Prior ATV 161 or 167

post-6931-141842363413_thumb.jpg

Edited by scrapster

Burton custom x 164. The last 3d model. 24/9 for angles. I have size 9 feet I only ride one deck and never alter my stance for pow or otherwise. I am looking for a directional, quiver killer or to have one built. I'm thinking saber with decam tip tail about 25cm widith bamboo core, carbon and rubber. I ride switch about 40% of the time

Edited by slopestar

Burton custom x 164. The last 3d model. 24/9 for angles. I have size 9 feet I only ride one deck and never alter my stance for pow or otherwise. I am looking for a directional, quiver killer or to have one built. I'm thinking saber with decam tip tail about 25cm widith bamboo core, carbon and rubber. I ride switch about 40% of the time

For that much switch, I think the Saber might be better for you. (The Razor has a flat tail.) I have another Razor with the rubber dampening from the Saber, and it rocks. Just FYI though, if you get both the rubber AND the bamboo core, that's going to be one heavy board. The ride would be interesting though, and at 200lbs, it might not matter. If you have the $ to spend, I'd suggest adding an Olympic core with the Saber dampening.

Its so hard. :freak3:

This would be a straight carver for me. I will be posting up my hardboots and binders soon. I'm going all soft boot but the best stuff possible. So, it looks like a new snowboard during the off season. Im adding flow frx binders with bomber soft plates/modified with custom aluminum base-plates to accept the flow high back and straps, instead of bolting them to the provided plates(less weight/height). I need something that gives back at the end of a turn and isn't as skid-dish as the custom x is with its weird side-cut. It is by far the nicest ride I have had compared to my mid 90's Lib inner-course's (non asym bro-models)

Its so hard. :freak3:

This would be a straight carver for me. I will be posting up my hardboots and binders soon. I'm going all soft boot but the best stuff possible. So, it looks like a new snowboard during the off season. Im adding flow frx binders with bomber soft plates/modified with custom aluminum base-plates to accept the flow high back and straps, instead of bolting them to the provided plates(less weight/height). I need something that gives back at the end of a turn and isn't as skid-dish as the custom x is with its weird side-cut. It is by far the nicest ride I have had compared to my mid 90's Lib inner-course's (non asym bro-models)

Well, for a straight carver, I think this board work work nicely for you. It's MUCH stiffer than your Custom X. I've ridden it with Power Plates and they work nicely. Given your weight, you probably wouldn't need them for more power, but they'd certainly help eliminate any overhang problems.

Edited by scrapster

Hi Slopestar,

I came up with the shovel design after I dug the nose of my other Razor in spring conditions last year (which, in retrospect, was my fault and not the board's). I wanted a nose that was almost guaranteed to cut through chop and work well in powder too. I was mildly influenced by the nose on the Jones Hovercraft powder board which seemed very versatile.

Interestingly enough, the flex pattern on this board is different than on my other Razor too. The nose is a touch softer and it's quite stiff from the mid-section through the tail--which adds to its "all condition" purpose. (This is why I think it would work for a heavier rider. The "meat" of the board extends from the binding area back.) My other Razor seems stiff in the nose and tail and softer in the middle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...