Note to New Members ×

Riding at Mountain Creek 2011/2012

jtslalom

Voyta,

Try to make it up to the ECES. I'm sure it will be a good time. I rode today (Tuesday 2/21/12) with my two kids. Conditions were excellent in the morning. Mountain Creek made snow Monday night and the snow was perfect in the morning. We stayed on the Sugar slope and made one run from the top. Conditions started to turn to sugar by noon or so. Crowds were much less on Tuesday then on Monday or Sunday. I will be riding tomorrow with Ken in the morning.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Voyta,

I will be riding tomorrow with Ken in the morning.

got there at 9. cabriolet inoperative for no good reason; "wind", there was no wind. geezzz,, don't jerk us around mc !!

pretty stiff courduroy right off the bat. carveable, though. very peaceful, nobody on the hill (we were using triple lift).

as temps climbed it softened, then it got perfect and then it got too soft. rode granite peak too. be careful where you ride, a lot of dirty snow and bedrock beginning to melt through. unless cold temps return winter is not long for this place. this weekend will probably be ugly unless they get a night they can blow snow; otherwise, rock boards required for sure !

Had a fun time riding with Sict2 (Ken) this morning. It doesn't look to good for Mountain Creek though. As he said above, the conditions are starting to deteriorate. Grass is starting to show through. I won't be riding any of my Status boards there any more this year. It looks like I'll be riding my K2 Fatbob. Anyway bumps should start forming soon on Zero-G and Devils Bit. The next two days will be in the 50's so Friday and Saturday evenings will be prime for riding bumps. Forget about carving guys, unless you have your own tuning equipment or you don't care to much for your edges.

I'm excited for next week and the ECES. Joe, John, Dave and I will be rooming on Wednesday and Thursday night in Stratton. I have checked the temps for next week and everything looks perfect. We are suppose to get colder temps that will be prime for making snow at Stratton. Hope to see other local carvers up there.

Edited by jtslalom

There was still snow on Sunday. Some very thin parts that were highly traffic but granite was nice. That was all we did. I see it from the season pass perspective...how else could I enjoy this fun outside for just the cost of gas? And if you go to taco hombre after,a healthy dinner is cheap too.

Interest in meeting up this week? It's getting warmer, the snow is fading fast. Any interest in a meetup this week at MountainCreek? Or maybe we need to talk about a Hunter Mt. meetup?

I may be doing Hunter mid-week. There today actually (sunday).

NO WAY. I highly doubt that MC will make snow. The only reason they will make snow is to beerf up the base area, however I doubt they will make snow on any other part of the mountain. I will pass it tonight and post only if they are making snow.

Well grobm,

They made snow and at this very moment (5:45 am 3/6/12) are still making snow. I drove across the valley this morning and could see the snow clouds. It looked like they were making snow at both Vernon and South bases, one trail at north and possibly parts of two trails at south. I am surprised. Have fun riding.

Well grobm,They made snow and at this very moment (5:45 am 3/6/12) are still making snow. I drove across the valley this morning and could see the snow clouds. It looked like they were making snow at both Vernon and South bases, one trail at north and possibly parts of two trails at south. I am surprised. Have fun riding.
Thanks for the info. Since my shop pass let's me ride for the season I will head over there on Wednesday unless we have some major increases in temps or Hunter gets a big drop of snow before then. I will report conditions on Weds ride. :-)

Well grobm,

They made snow and at this very moment (5:45 am 3/6/12) are still making snow.

wow... that's unexpected. Tomorrow (wed) I had my eye on Hunter, or my YZ450 on the sand in Cuddebackville, or the KTM250 on my brother's farm in Clinton.

I'll have another beer and try to make a decision :rolleyes:

Mountain Creek, in short:

Morning was amazing.

Mid-day was melted snow and crud.

Four o'clock was pretty much run off snow and mud. (switched to my Jib Board)

MountainCreek is pretty much done. Unless we get some really cold days and snow. Hunter or far north.

Mountain Creek, in short:

Four o'clock was pretty much run off snow and mud. (switched to my Jib Board)

MountainCreek is pretty much done. Unless we get some really cold days and snow. Hunter or far north.

thanks for the report. I plan on Hunter Sunday (JT you in ?).

the hunter web cams are really good for judging how the slope is holding up.

http://www.huntermtn.com/huntermtn/webcams.aspx

Hello from Hunter Mountain! We’ve been looking through our records, and we wanted to e-mail you to say WHOA! And THANKS! You’ve used your Big Lift Card 6 times or more this season. We wish all of our Big Lift Cardholders visited us as often! You’ve saved hundreds of dollars this season… how does it feel? Pretty good, right?

You know what’s better than saving hundreds of dollars? One word, four letters... you guessed it. FREE. Use your 11/12 Big Lift Card one more time this season, and get a FREE March Into Spring pass… ski and ride for the rest of our season. For FREE.