Note to New Members ×

Riding at Mountain Creek 2011/2012

jtslalom

Raw Clips taken by me with iPhone.

raw footage was great. made me smile, that's one of my 360 spots, exactly where he did the 270 toeside. to get the horsepower for a good one you really have to be tucked at least 1/2 way down.

try tower #4 on the cab. its a great toeside attack. the trick is to not carve when you get back alongside the tower on the uphill. just let it sail straight uphill till you realize you are high enough now to let the natural lay of the slope complete it for you. its easier than a 270 because after 180 you just stop carving, stand upright and sail uphill past the tower, then a lazy turn with gravity and you coast right around it. the only trick about it is .... you have to be screaming coming in :eek: lol... but that's the fun part.

cheers !

post-350-141842361696_thumb.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not sure my stiff F2 Speedster could do that Tower #4 360. I kinda loose handling at 10mph or less how would you describe your flex on your BX? I will give it a shoot next Thursday, when I take my boss to the hill.

that turn is not really a 360. its a 180 carve, a cruise straight uphill, and then a flat board right turn just as your momentum sags off completely. sometimes I have to give it a little hop to get it to point it back downhill too. two issues make it hard to do a true 360 on that obstacle: one: you have a significant uphill climb to overcome. two: there is not enough snow cover on upper left side so you are stuck doing an elliptical orbit around it. so just get her to slingshot up the left side, straight back uphill and past the tower. if you can do that you just did it ! the rest is just minor tuning and tweaking (and a hop if you have to).

((flex on my board: http://www.the-house.com/9858rojdm9zz-rossignol-snowboards.html )

... you really can't compare board flexes directly from soft to hard boots. hard boots make any given board turn much sharper than soft boots. my board,the 158 Jdub, would just crumble under hard boot power ))

Edited by sic t 2

grobm,

Nice videos on the Sugar slope. It is a nice slope to practice on. Tell John he has to square his shoulders on his heelside turn. He'll get it eventually.

Haha never seen myself ride before. Videos looked great. JT I can really see in the vid that my shoulders arent squared really gotta work on that. Have been trying to focus on getting lower and driving with my back leg. SO many steps into getting a good carve. Hopefully by ECES itll come together.

Sorry for the last minute notice but heading to Hunter MT. tomorrow morning for an all day ride if anyone wants to meet up let me know. My cell number is 908 418 8075

i am also off alot next week. So let me know what days you plan to ride and i will try to meet up.

JT - I was on the lift at south the other day with this young punk, he was bragging how he spit a loogey on some old guy........

...I lifted the bar and pushed him off :smashfrea - one up for the old guys :AR15firin

Erik - can't beleive we haven't ran into eachother all year. We usually get to make some turns once a year.

I am back from Utah and was ready to goto Hunter today and I went to the Dr got some stitches in my shoulder yesterday and Doc said NO WAY....Can't pull anything for the weekend either. I will be out next week. Just not sure how Creek is gonna be for Presidents weekend. May hit hunter instead.

I had just gotten back from Utah and work was the priority, sorry I couldn't make Weds filmfest.....Sugar is a nice spot. Great video.

sic t 2 - post #4 is def one of my favorite spots.....I like to carve up into cab and then immediately roll over to a heelside carve with the board up the mountain, trenching it on the way down (nothing better than defeating gravity!)

Carvingbassists - unreal we haven't ridden together.

ECES - who's in?? gonna be a great couple days!!! I'm syked!

Cafercr35,

Thanks for taking care of business for me. The little bastard deserved it. I will be at north this Sunday around 7:45 (first chair). My nephew Kevin will be with me. I think I am going to take the Status 166 (last years board) out on Sunday. I heard it crying in my basement because I haven't ridden it in a while. I will throw the new one in the trunk as well. It sounds like a nice little group is forming. I hope so. It would be nice to make some turns with everyone. I know Voyta is sporting that long board so beware of mach 3 speeds. The again I am the slowest rider ever and everyone seems fast to me. Se you Sunday.

So you guys mostly carve on North? I've only done south, just under the impression North got full of families and beginners real quick. Also, I'm only carving about three season a and I currently have the most time on my 160 slalom Burton speed. I have a 68 volk Rt gs, but isn't that over kill for this small a resort?

So you guys mostly carve on North? I've only done south, just under the impression North got full of families and beginners real quick. Also, I'm only carving about three season a and I currently have the most time on my 160 slalom Burton speed. I have a 68 volk Rt gs, but isn't that over kill for this small a resort?

no way!! i ride the same exact board!!

Went to Hunter Mt. on friday and it was amazing. No lines conditions were good almost every trail was open. Didn't see any other hardbooters there. I went with my girlfriends brother who took video of us riding once I get it I will post it soon.

Was at creek yesterday with my uncle. He let me ride the madd 170. Boy what a difference that board is from my burton alp. The board turns on a dime and it seems like everything is a bit easier on this board. Look forward to riding it again.

I will probably be going to creek on Wednesday if anyone is around. Was going to try to go tomorrow but I am sure it is going to be a zoo with presidents weekend. If anyone is going let me know.

I obviously didn't make it out this morning...s$& t happened. Even more committed to getting up there tomorrow early. Anybody care to share how it was today?

jt, his two friends and myself hit the lift at 8 a.m. conditions were superb right off the bat. great cover, great carving, great visibility under the bluebird skies and tower #4 got looped a few times. zerog was good too. attacked sugar. it was all good. :)

then we went over to granite and that is a great way to escape the crowds as there is great carving to be had right off the lift onto Devil's bit (which resembles lower straightaway... ie; its a narrow but good carver.). and then you zoom into the hole at mach1, up and out, bank right and you had nice rollers to help the carves as you go back to the lift. I give it all big thumbs up.

I'll be at hunter tomorrow. enjoy the creek.

Edited by sic t 2

Mark, it was good to see you up there today even though it was so quick. I lost you then and since you said it was your last run I figured you left. I'm still thinking about the ECES. It would be nice, but next weekend is tight.

It sucks I missed most of the guys there yesterday. I was there all morning, just couldn't find anyone. Hopefully next time.

well, I was going to the creek today (tues) but after boarding hunter yesterday I can't move today ! not hurt just so sore, as only 6.5 hours onslope at hunter can do you. btw, the conditions there are fantastic !! great cover too. Claires was great with that new high speed lift there (we were doing 10 minute cycles) there. GPS showed me at 49 mph on the left side of the Claire donut :eek:

anybody with a Android: download "Speedview". the free version.

set it to run in "in background mode". check and reset it after every run. now go tuck ZeroG. the results may surprise you too !

cheers