Note to New Members ×

Riding at Mountain Creek 2011/2012

jtslalom

was there today (thursday). mega changes. lots of dirt beginning to show in areas. also, snowcats have scraped up lots of stones and distributed them in a big fan, downslope of what appears to be a "minor" barespot at first.

if you are not on a rock board be careful. even approaching, and around, the cabriolet at the bottom is gritty.

snowpack is rotten too. carves go too deep.

the good news is lower straightaway and zeroG are in great shape. deep cover, snow is not rotten, it holds a nice carve.

also, going left-left off the cabriolet at the top is good (if you are "a bit" careful on first descent).

hopefully they are blowing snow tonight. if not by the weekend they may lose some of the easier main trails.

have fun ! ding... scrape... :angryfire

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Possible "sick day"(s) on my calendar, wanted to see what other people are interested in these dates as a meetup?

22nd Feb

23rd Feb

24th Feb

29th Feb?

Will go pending if snow is still on mountain creek, I hope so since the ground hog saw shadow. :-)

Had a great day riding with Ken and John. Once again it is so nice to ride with guys who can carve good lines. The snow held up great thanks to Mountain Creek making snow last night. I will be riding again Saturday morning from the first lift until about 10 - 10:30. Hope to see other carvers there.

Had a great day riding with Ken and John. Once again it is so nice to ride with guys who can carve good lines. The snow held up great thanks to Mountain Creek making snow last night. I will be riding again Saturday morning from the first lift until about 10 - 10:30. Hope to see other carvers there.
Jt was a great day of riding. If you are heading out tomorrow morning I will as well. I'll meet you for first tracks.

I went riding last night (Thurs 2/9/12) at MC. Conditions at south were not that good. I ended up only taking one run and then left. During that run at got sworn at twice and spit at from the chairlift. Alot of %&$hole kids. I went over to north and it was like night to day. Not only were the conditions pretty good but I was able to catch up with CarvingBassist (Mike), John and Matt. All of whom were ripping turns. It is so nice to ride behind guys that can carve great lines. I ended up riding for about 4 hours. All in all it was a great night.

Alot of %&$hole kids.
Why South? South Mountain = ignorant skateboard kids that can only sit in front of a feature, hit/jib the feature and repeat. Most of them can not carve or even turn for that matter. South gets my goat because people get pissed when you try to actually be fluid down the terrain park. It's the "you cut the lunch line" mentality. To boot, they great really mad when you show them up and your twice their age. :-) or better yet your Burton Air is older then them. Side confession: I ride an Ardor Draft too.

During that run at got sworn at twice and spit at from the chairlift. Alot of %&$hole kids.

that place can be vicious. learned my lesson there once.

honestly, its a good idea to bring a weapon when you go there. at least a can of mace.

now if I go there I only travel at mach 1 (they like that).

how could you see someone spit at you from the chairlift :confused:

I was sitting down on the slope off to the side. I wasn't exactly under the lift but close enough to hear the kid hock a loogy at me. I stood up as soon as I heard him and moved to avoid the ball of flem. I just wish I was still full of piss and vinegar. I would have hiked back up the hill at record speed and waited for the kid to get off the lift and open a can off whoop hiney.

This is why Carvers need to be in packs. :lol: Like the Hell's Angle's motto "power in numbers". If you were with at least another Carver you have not experienced that. "Jib Punks" are really wimps and try to pick on the odd person out, because they are not liked at school.:nono:

I will be Sick from Work next Wed or Thrus. Anyone interested in meeting up for a day of carving? I can bring a board or two to try out (everyone likes trying the F2 184cm).

I will be there when the lifts start (8:30-9:00). Till 2:30-3:30 in the afternoon.

Ping me via PM if you are interested.

I'd be up for meeting you guys at some point. I have a season pass to Mt Peter and have been riding there before work.

I'm living at the Great Gorge condos temporarily due to home damage. I can walk to the Granite lift from my door.

jt, sic t, carvingbassist, and the others that I have not met yet - lemme know when you're out again.

Hey Eric,

I hope all is well with your home. I don't think I will be riding this weekend (2/11/12). I will be riding again at night during the week and will post the days as they come. I hope to try to meet up with some new guys like grobm. We have been missing one another by a matter of hours it seems. Hope to make some turns with you this year. I'm also up for riding at Mt. Peter. I learned how to ski there a long time ago.

Jt

Hey jtslalom,I am "Sick" Wed barring the weather is warm so I will be on the lifts as soon as they open. I am also planning to try to do Sunday morning this coming week. Would love to hook up. me (at) markgrob (dot) com since we can not PM on this Forum.

Edited by grobm

Looking forward to tomorrows morning run. Thanks for the Report Sic t 2

sorry, couldn't make it this morning. my wrist acted up overnight and its swollen pretty bad again. with that and the wednesday morning rain / flat light I could not get myself to mc. ride report ?

(( hi Eric, long time no see. hope to see u out this year too. I'll bring hard boots if weekday. give me a heads up some "good cover" bluebird morning. can't ruin my loaner Donek FC. Its a beauty !

Ken... ))

post-10825-141842361253_thumb.jpg

Mountain had good coverage, till noon. We dug some deep trenches on Sugar and had fun getting compliments from the instructors and newbies alike. We should have some clips coming.Rain Drizzle was on and off during the day so the ice spots generally became crud.

Edited by grobm
image attached

Mountain had good coverage, till noon. We dug some deep trenches on Sugar and had fun getting compliments from the instructors and newbies alike. We should have some clips coming.Rain Drizzle was on and off during the day so the ice spots generally became crud.

now that is a great pic !!!! who's idea was that ? they certainly earned a free beer :D

looks like no softboots for me with this crew. I better STEP UP to the plate.

c u next ride.

Edited by sic t 2