Note to New Members ×

Killington Karve Fest January 9 -11, 2004!

Stan

Killington Karve Fest January 9 -11, 2004!

All - Details to follow, but put aside Fri Jan 9th - Sun Jan 11th for the 4th Annual Killington Karve Fest! Is it early? Yes it is; Vin and I met on Saturday, and given the proximity of SES and ECES, coupled with the unpredicability of mid-March weather, we decided to move things back in this direction in the calendar this year. So if you're jonesing for some serious carving and partying, join the crew at KMart! Drop us a line here on BOL!

Vin and Kenneth

(Brought to you by Out of Bounds Snowboards and the Kentucky Moses Band.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer - this post is copied pretty much as-is from the OLD FORUM. The original post was by KFOTS.

Uhhh, I'm sure PARTYING will be plenty available at the Karvefest as well . . . Oh, well - I'm guessing I'll just have to catch Ronski at Hunta . . . As for ECES - I'm seriously doubting I'll be making it all the way up there myself . . .

FYI, I have a BUNCH of DISCOUNT LIFT TIX available at $45 (vs. Killington standard day rate of $64!); first come, first served, so lemme know ASAP please...

Also, a decent number of beds available ($30/pp) in the BLUE HOUSE with me and Steve Thursday night Jan 8th; lemme know! (Fri and Sat the regular skihouse peeps will be coming up so I really cannot commit to bunking anyone; best bet for lodging those nights is the Clear River Inn (802-746-7916; ask for Mark and tell him Kenneth sent you), which is right next door to the house; I think rooms are $100 double occ, or $25pp in the "bunk room," which sleeps 6.

Don't worry about the crowds; we will be at Killington on Friday (when it will not be busy), then next door at Pico on Saturday (great little carving mountain, superwide groomers, NEVER crowded), and then back over to Killington for the typical Sunday morning Breakfast Club (not crowded on Sundays).

KFOTS

Note: KKF is sponsored as always by Vin Quennville and the good folks at Out of Bounds Snowboards on the Killington Road. We should have some cool freebies and giveaways for you, stay tuned...

• 4 weeks later...

Vin? Ken? Would you KINDLY post times and places to meet (for the benefit of people who haven't participated in the event yet).

Jacek - other than the above info (which will hopefully be posted soon) it's just a fun event where everyone rides and stuff. No registration required. No fee (other than the lift ticket). Come and say "Hi, I'm Jacek, are you here for the Karvefest?" to anyone you see riding plates. Simple as that.

Cheers!

All -

WEATHER:

Please check out the attached hyperlink to the Weather.com forecast for Killington. Bottomline: some natural snow plus low low temps for lots of snowmaking!!!

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USVT0125?from=search_city

MEETING TIMES/PLACES:

Friday Jan 9th: Killington/Snowdon Quad 9am

Saturday Jan 10th: Pico/Golden Express Quad 8am

Sunday Jan 11th: Killington/Snowdon Quad 8am

DISCOUNT LIFT TIX:

Limited number of vouchers for lift tix avail at $45 (vs. $67!!!); please let me know ASAP!

KFOTS

Looks like we may have some room in the Blue House all three nights after all (light load of reular skihouse peeps this weekend). Cost is $30 per person per night, shared room, bring flat sheet and sleeping bag. Hot tub, sauna, pool table, all other amenities included.

Lemme know ASAP who's interested. Can handle 5 or 6 of you.

KFOTS

Wheeeeeeeee!!!! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR . . .

The line above summirizes today (first day of KKF) all too well :rolleyes: . GREAT snow for carving - firm (but not bulletproof), crisp, groomed, empty mountain... -13F at 9am. -8 by 2:30 pm (when I had to cut out).

Ken, Chris, Andrea, Patrice, Dave - had lots of fun today despite the temps!!! On the last run on Bunnybuster I had an epiphany of sorts - shoulders parralel to the ground. Knew the theory for YEARS, but today on that last run it just all FELL INTO PLACE for me - hands, shoulders, hips, edges - didn't want to leave!!! But at least the last run was sort of triumphant, and I like leaving on a HIGH note.

Great thanks to all and hope to ride with you all soon!!!

Stan

Originally posted by KFOTS

Looks like we may have some room in the Blue House all three nights after all (light load of reular skihouse peeps this weekend). Cost is $30 per person per night, shared room, bring flat sheet and sleeping bag. Hot tub, sauna, pool table, all other amenities included.

Lemme know ASAP who's interested. Can handle 5 or 6 of you.

KFOTS

ack if only i had read this forum better... would have been a nice bday present to myself!

I just wanted to send a big warm thanks to everyone at the Killington Karve Fest who helped me with advise and praise. You have really made my start to the sport a great one. Hope to see you all soon. If any of you need any advise on -18 degree camping, or need a good reason to rent a hotel room in January, i'll be glad to share my stories with you.

Please stay it touch,-

Jake.

jwile@ems.com

P.S.

East Coast Carving Tribes are frickin tough. When "seeking the perfect carve" draws you out into neg. 15 degree weather, day after day; Thats love.

Stan, Chris, Patrice, Jason, Dave, Andrea, Steve, Elisa, Jake, Fred (even though you were on skis) and Chris (still skidding turns in your softies but looking great for Day 8 or 9 whatever it is) (whew! hope I didn't leave anyone out!) -

Thanks to all of you for braving the frigid temps and keeping KKF alive for another year!

LOTS of fun and some FINE riding by all! Looking forward to seeing you all on the hill in the near future!

Kenneth

PS Vin, we missed you on Sunday!!!

PPS Will someone please get the license plate of that Buffalo that tried to do me in on Saturday night -- oh, my aching head!!!

Hey Everyone! Thanks so much for the weekend, it truly was a wonderful way to start a new sport. Everyone's words of wisdom helped so much, thanks. Hope to see you all again soon, oh and Ken you better get as much carving in as you can, because next time we see eachother I might just be beating you down the mountain.

Keep in touch.

Elisa

elisa,

speaking as a housemate (and KKF survivor) of KenNETH's...please remember it's always much safer to be behind Ken on the slopes than in front of Ken on the slopes.

big man with big board and no regard for human life.

ask our housemate josh...he should be able to eat solid food soon.

:D

cheers!

steve

btw, ash...speaking as a son of the south...it's "y'all"

Ja, so you put another grandma in the hospital Ken, remeber Silver Star last year! poor grandma! she had plenty of firber crackers to eat yet, but that Ken just had to be on that Proton 185. I think she already was eating jello through a straw doe!

It was her time to go! Just kidding. That old bitty freaked out and just stopped right in front.

ski patrol kame, and asked her where it hurt? her reply, " its my boobs, my boob hurts"!

I said that was normal for a run in with Ken! just ask any one at the Saloon! hehehe:eek:

Right said Shred

Originally posted by Aisling

son of the south in BROOKLYN?

;)

ok, i stand corrected... i'm a born and bred New Englander

Brooklyn by way of North Carolina. Proud Alumni of North Carolina State University - "where the men are men, the women are scarce and the sheep are scared."

i don't mis-spell "wicked" when i speak yankee. :D

cheers!

steve