Snowraider Glove UPDATE!

*Ace*

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a pair of these and they work fine. Strong, warm enough.

Just two issues:

1. They leave black crap all over your boards where you carry your boards.

Steve @ Thor suggested using mink oil to remove excess black from the gloves. I am not sure if it's part of the waterproofing or what. Just a mess.

2. NEVER try to wipe your nose on these things. Like using a rasp :eek:

Good for the price though.

Steve at Thor sent me an email with a tracking number for USPS. It looks like I will get them by Tuesday latest.

Edit:

Steve sent me a second email and seemed genuinely concerned. He also wants feedback on the gloves. Thor customer service looks much better now.

I have a pair of these and they work fine. Strong, warm enough.

Just two issues:

1. They leave black crap all over your boards where you carry your boards.

Steve @ Thor suggested using mink oil to remove excess black from the gloves. I am not sure if it's part of the waterproofing or what. Just a mess.

2. NEVER try to wipe your nose on these things. Like using a rasp :eek:

Good for the price though.

Good point Scott. I had forgotten about this problem. When I first got mine the fingers were stuck together as well and when I would pull them apart there would strings of black sticky crap between them. I sent Thor and e-mail and got this for a response.

"Yes, I know about the "stcicky fingers". The gloves have sat in a hot Texas warehouse too long.

Anyway, here is the solution. Put some board wax in between the fingers. If you don't use any wax

for your snowboard, then use chap-stick or some other type of lip balm. That should eliminate the problem."

Good point Scott. I had forgotten about this problem. When I first got mine the fingers were stuck together as well and when I would pull them apart there would strings of black sticky crap between them. I sent Thor and e-mail and got this for a response.

"Yes, I know about the "stcicky fingers". The gloves have sat in a hot Texas warehouse too long.

Anyway, here is the solution. Put some board wax in between the fingers. If you don't use any wax

for your snowboard, then use chap-stick or some other type of lip balm. That should eliminate the problem."

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:confused:

I purchased 6 days ago. I did get email 5 days ago that sipping would be in two days. I did not get any tracking number or any emails of any kind. Let us know if and or when you get them. They could be overwhelmed with orders. The Bomber community could have ordered a but load.

The gloves arrived yesterday via USPS.

The palms and fingers are a bit tacky, hopefully this wont last. I would definitely keep these away from direct heat (dryers, fireplaces) until the tackiness goes away.

I bought a new Volcom jacket at the beginning of last season. I had to have it repaired a couple of weeks ago because by the end of that season I had worn the side seams off from the waist to the armpit I think I'll get another season and the the Goretex will be shot.

On the other hand my SnowRaider Gauntlets are going onto their third season with nothing that I would call abnormal wear. My only issue is that the Velcro strap occaisionally clogs with snow over the course of a day and stops working.

Overall for durability I love these things.

Dave

Just ordered a pair... after returning a pair of ORs to REi, the ORs self-destructed after 6 days on hill, only 3 of which were on hard boots

I plan to pick up something Gore-Tex for days that are cold, wet, or spent in softies... but looking forward to having something tough for balls-to-the-wall carving days.

ordered gloves and they arrived within 10 days at my doorstep in Belgium. You don't hear me complaining! I'm looking forward testing them to see if they're really that good as posted on this forum.

I'm saving up for some very durable clothing. take a look at www.carvecompany.com and http://vimeo.com/19509563 - they make special designed clothing for carving. the guys from pureboarding are already using it.

happy carves!

• 1 month later...

Thundercloud Marketing

5249 us HWY 277 S. #211

Abilene, TX 79605-4562

915-692-7937 Office

915-698-0298 Fax

October 3,2002

Pat Donnelly

Dear Pat,

Here are your Snow Raider Snowboard Glove Size X-Large with 6-1/2" gauntlet.

These gloves don't have a membrane inside, so it's important to give them

a coating of Scotchguard or other silicone spray coating occasionally

for extra waterproofing.

You may need to wear a liner with the gloves on cold days.

The gloves were designed for the average temperature winter day

for the mountains of California and Colorado.

Please let all your friends know about the Snow Raider Glove.

These gloves are a tremendous value at $ 20.00 (PRICE FROM 2002)

Just ask any knowledgeable person in any snow shop about the quality of Schoeller Keprotec.

This Kevlar fabric is from Switzerland and is considered top of the line

of the abrasion resistant fabrics made in the world today.

I also have the Multi-Glove, which is a heavy duty winter glove

made with the Schoeller Keprotec fabric as well.

Visit my web site to get all the information on these gloves.

If the gloves work well for you, please do me a favor and give your

endorsement on BomberOnLine.com comments section.

Thank you for your order and I hope you have the best snow days possible

this winter season.

Best regards,

STEVE THORNELL

Seriously?

I am still rocking my pair from 3 YEARS AGO and I have never used any type of waterproofer on them. They are still in fantastic shape! Just recently I have noticed at the end of a long day of riding my gloves seem to be a little damp on the outside. I can not feel any of this dampness inside. Mind you these gloves have 3 YEARS of hard riding under them, thats over 200+ days of riding!!!

Just recently I was lucky enough to get another pair for Christmas. I am still rocking my old pair though...because they are still that good...

But ya, you might want to go spend anywhere from 2-3 times as much for a pair of gloves that are waterproof. Maybe you will be lucky if they make it through half a season of mamby pamby riding....

Seriously?

I am still rocking my pair from 3 YEARS AGO and I have never used any type of waterproofer on them. They are still in fantastic shape! Just recently I have noticed at the end of a long day of riding my gloves seem to be a little damp on the outside. I can not feel any of this dampness inside. Mind you these gloves have 3 YEARS of hard riding under them, thats over 200+ days of riding!!!

Just recently I was lucky enough to get another pair for Christmas. I am still rocking my old pair though...because they are still that good...

But ya, you might want to go spend anywhere from 2-3 times as much for a pair of gloves that are waterproof. Maybe you will be lucky if they make it through half a season of mamby pamby riding....

@Ace....

when again did you move into the soft stuff area?

:D

Mine have 150+ with "full dogg petting", Ugly Laydownstuff, Chrueppelcarving and so on on Europes slopes... most Hardpack/Icy.

Caught myselves more than once where it was -20°C and Gloves were hot after a loooooong laydown. Gloves still alive.

But I also have to give a negative note to those gloves. Mine are heavily modificated by now from the outside, but tearing apart from the inside.

Always wore thin inner gloves in them, since day 2, otherwise they were too cold

day 1 was so Frig**** you can guess the rest:D

Outside protected by "Sikaflex" for rubbing through, guess have the 4th grind layer now. Pinkey to middlefinger glued together to minimize the impact of "Death Cookies".

The long sleeve model I have is genious if it comes to snow penetration. but it needs "Sika" now and then too.

Fact.. best gloves ever.... but cold, and they do wear out from the inside.