Note to New Members ×

Ottawa @ Vermont (ECES)

Tabatha

Hey - I thought I would get the ball rolling and see what people's thought were on the whole ECES thing this year. I am so there and would be interested in car pooling down and accommodation sharing (unless you are all interested in Man-Caves, in which case, I will go it alone once we get there).

I am going to try and head down as early as possible - I have saved lots of vacation time. Promise to be better on the accommodation selection front this year - and will try and come with no broken bones! I am also putting in a request for Chris' pancakes again :)

Thoughts?

PSA: lodging info for the East Coast Expression Session

Stratton is prepared to book lodging for ECES. Call 1-800-Stratton, press 1 for lodging reservations, and mention group code 4BC1R2 for the East Coast Expression Session.

Lodging options are similar to the last event. Here's the pricing breakdown:

Sunday 2/26/12-Friday 3/2/12

Package Includes: One Night of Lodging, One Day of Riding

Inn @ Stratton Mtn (includes cont. breakfast)

2 ppl: $85.37pp

3 ppl: $78.11pp

4 ppl: 74.48pp

Long Trail Studio

2 ppl: $116.08pp

3 ppl: $101.08pp

4 ppl: $95.38pp

Long Trail 1-Bdrm

2 ppl: $128.08pp

3 ppl: $109.08pp

4 ppl: $99.58pp

Long Trail 2-Bdrm

4 ppl: $91.24pp

6 ppl: $87.88pp

All rates are per person are based on occupancy, and include the 10% Resort Fees + 10% Vermont tax & a 1-day lift ticket. The # of guests per room must remain constant throughout the stay.

Yes and no ... part of the point was to help raise awareness here in Ottawa of the fantastic opportunity to ride with others, and coordinate car-pooling for the very long drive! I am sure most of us will post in the "official" ECES space as well ... but can we keep these here for a while so that we can coordinate without spamming non-Ottawa people?

Thanks

mikel45 - is this your first time attending?

Yes. Chris enthusiasm for the event rubbed off onto me - have the whole week booked off. Just started into the hard boot scene last year - personal preference is towards skwal boards [extreme newbie]. Have season pass at PAK, but roaming nevertheless so look forward to meeting everyone before ECES.

I think there's still lots of time, Mike. While Chris and I have rooming arranged with two others, nothing is booked yet. Really, the organizers haven't even posted the full 'package price' yet.

Seems to me that we signed up late December or so two years ago, and had no trouble getting the Long Trail 2-bedroom. If you'd like to be sure, you can always call Stratton and they'll tell you how many units remain at any size/price.

Remember that posts on the forum does not equal action in the real world ;)!

Hey Mike, I wouldn't worry about it too much. As Ian said - we booked late last time and were fine. We are just really excited about the prospect of snow and getting out there lots to ride ... so we are living vicariously through planning and plotting. It is how we get through October and November.

I think the "rush" will probably happen closer to Christmas when people see the snow. As Ian said, I think he has accommodation and car-pooling plans, but there are a few others of us from Ottawa that will be looking to car-pool and accommodation share. Also note that there is another post in the ECES where we can seek additional people to fill in the room bookings ... this was just to see who from the NCR might be heading down.

Good things come to wait, so we all deserve a FANTASTIC winter since we have been patient and waited way too long for winter :)