Note to New Members ×

Ottawa Carve-fest!

Ian M

Which day of the week for carve-fest?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which day of the week for carve-fest?

• Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday
    • I'm infinitely flexible, and JUST WANNA RIDE :)

Which day would you like to meet up with lots of other Ottawa riders and tear up a big hill? Vote for your day of the week, and also specify if you prefer Tremblant, Mont Ste-Marie, or either. Poll is multiple-choice, so you may choose all days that work for you. I'm suggesting late February or Early march for this event...

Cheers!

Ian,

Thx for putting the poll up (gotta find out how to do that!).

I will be there as long as it is not a Mon or Wed (meetings I cannot miss).

MT is my preferred mtn but MSM is OK, too, if travel time is an issue for others. I am very familiar with both set of slopes.

-Brian

Hi folks,

So far, I have met Ben, Ian, Billy, Serge, Chris and Tabby since joining this list, but have only managed to share a few turns with Billy and Tabby at Vorlage to date! I am still waiting for some of you fellow carvers to rise and shine for first tracks at CF some Sat morning (except Feb 5th when I will be out of town). 8:29 at the Clifford chair...

Thus, I am going to propose two more dates:

How about Friday the 25th of Feb at Mt St Marie? That gives everyone a couple of weeks to make (personal) plans and excuses (to the boss!).

Also, I plan to be at Mt Blanc for the Shark Demo Day on Sunday Feb 20th. Chris is also on for this one. Cruising the QC ride board, I believe a fair number of local carvers will be out that day as well.

I'm hopin' that a good representation of the Ottawa hardboot crowd can make it so that we can collectively put a noticable showing of freecarvers on the snow.

-Brian

Awesome! So far we have confirmed:

Ian M

GoofyFoot

CaRtharsis

Tabatha

Loopback

philpjo

Has anyone ridden MSM recently? How have the conditions been?

Four other hardbooters randomly showed up at Calabogie yesterday while I was teaching. I told them we were getting together this date and invited them, but none seemed particularly interested in coming out to play with us. They were Rob, Sean (Shawn?), and a father/daughter team from the Quebec side. (Timor? and daughter)

Cheers :D

Brian - would love to car-pool. Also; will send an e-mail to BillyG and Serge and let them know the plans.

T,

Sure, I just called MSM to confirm what time they open the lifts: 9-4 Daily.

Thus, I plan to be pulling out of my Orleans driveway at 7:30 and should be in yours at 7:45.

I have room for a fourth if anyone else needs a ride.

Let's hope the weather goes cold again so that nature's snowmaking can get back in gear.

Coming back to Ottawa for a rainy Feb day has not been the highlight of my week. :(

-Brian

Will be heading up EARLY and leaving by 1400H at the absolute latest. MUST be back to pick my girls up from school and daycare. Will have space if needed.

I look forward to seeing you there, Chris!

Could you bring the extra CATEK screws along that day?

It would save me a trip to the west end of town.

Thx,

-Brian

Just a reminder to the list; this coming Sunday is La Boutique Shark's last demo day for alpine SB gear for the season. They will be at Mt Blanc this coming Sunday with a booth/tent set up outside the main lodge.

Mt Blanc opens their lifts at 8:30 and I plan to be there at opening to ride some new gear if anyone is looking for a ride.

That is, if the weather does not completely suck!

I am NOT looking forward to teaching this coming Sat if the current forecast holds true; rain on Fri follwed by below zero temps and snow flurries on Sat which I translate to ice patches forming overnight, then covered over with a dusting of new snow to terrorize the novices...but the groomers will have that all sorted out by Sun AM :eplus2:

-Brian