Who is riding where between Xmas and NYE? And the safest bets?

fishrising

So, I've got the week off between Xmas and NYE, first time in years.

Who is riding where?

What's the best bet to get away from crowds (go ahead laugh)?

Should I stay local in CT/MA, or head to Southern VT or NH? I'm in CT. I bought the X2 at Stratton, and no other passes this year.

I'll most likely have my 6 yo daughter in tow, she will go to ski school in the AM while I carve, then I will ski with her in the PM.

Anyone else in?

If you wind up at stratton, I think I would run straight for the sunbowl, hoping to beat the crowds to that section of the mountain, since it takes a little more effort to get there. You might be able to get a clean run in on upper & lower standard also, if you're catching the first set of chairs up.

I don't think I'll be riding much if any that week.

Berkshire East.

There won't be crowds.

All the lifts are fixed grip so only so many people can end up at the top of the hill at any given time.

Most people on the hill know how to ski so it doesn't bump up.

Terrific program available for your kid.

There will most likely be other carvers there to ride with.

The bar kicks ass.

I also have the week off but can only make a day trip. One of the few Vermont places that I can make a day trip to and also I place I have never ridden at is Mount Snow. How is this resort for riding? My other choice is Stratton. I can't go any more north because I don't want to sit in my car for that long. So it is either Mount Snow or Stratton. Which would any of you prefer?

So, I've got the week off between Xmas and NYE, first time in years.

I'll most likely have my 6 yo daughter in tow, she will go to ski school in the AM while I carve, then I will ski with her in the PM.

If you can swing the time off, I would do an "epic" road trip. Stay at Motels in White river Junction, Vt., Gorham NH, and St Johnsbury, VT. Day trip from the different hotels to a different local mountain each day.. with any luck she will bother you every year to do it over again.

-pk