Note to New Members ×

Is this normal?

Harmless

Ya, i think it is. I go from a 184 race stiff board. to a 163 freeride board. Still using hardboots. They both go fast. To me it takes 2 or 3 runs on the freeride board, to realise that it's wider, and shorter. That it can't handle the long carve, like the 184.

I think they are both fun to ride though.

just my two cents.

After riding a burton speed 160 for a while, then switching to a board I would use in the park.

Is it normal to hate the feel of a freeride/park board compared to the feel of the carving/race board?

:confused:

for people here it is, sometimes I'm that way but when I was riding daily and part of my job was riding I was just as comfortable on either. doing both assuming you have the time to do so makes you better rider too.

Be careful riding a standard board. You will be carving it on hero and then hit hardpack and die! I've had my worst wrecks carving a freeride board in softies. They just don't have the edgehold.

+1

I use my softboard for jumps and spins, that's it. I used to think it was "awesome" for carving now I think it sucks haha. I only use the soft setup when I am with friends who can't keep up with the carving board.