Note to New Members ×

Riding at Mountain Creek

jtslalom

Wow,

What a day. Riding was excellent. Conditions were also excellent. If it wasn't for the crowds cooming in around 10:00 am, the day would have been superb. Those of you who ride MC know what I mean about the crowds. I rode with Dave and took two runs with Justin. He was riding his Kesslar board. Nice board Justin. I willl be out again Tuesday and/or Wednesday evening and then again next Sunday morning. Nastar gates will be set up on Wednesday night so I think I will try my luck on them. Hope to see other carvers there.

• 3 weeks later...

Boardman73,

I went out today 2/22 and conditions were perfect. We just got about 9 inches of snow yesterday. The groomers did a great job of grooming at night because the snow set up perfect. It was a great day riding. I'm sure the snow will still be around by March 4. We have a big base that has seen quite a bit of natural snow this year. If you are hard booting try to hook up with Eric J or Cafercr (Joe). One is on a Madd and the other a Coiler. I will be up in Killington that weekend with other Vernon locals. Have fun at MC.

I rode today at MC from opening to noon. I rode with Sict2. Great riding with you Ken. Conditions were great. We stayed at North the whole morning and rode just about every run. It's nice to see another soft boot rider make great turns, especially a full 360 degree carve under the lift tower. Once again Ken, it was nice riding with you.

The snow at MC has been good this year. I can actually say that I haven't seen icy conditions with exception to maybe 2 or 3 days. We are expecting rain on and off for the next three days. Some snow may mix in but no real accumulations are expected. The base is pretty thick and can probably withstand the rain so long as the temps stay within the 40 degree mark. March is shaping up to have nice spring like conditions and with some help from the wedgers (skiers) maybe some bumps will form on Zero and Devils Bit. I wouldn't be surprised to see them as early as next week. Have fun riding.

conditions Wednesday were killer. perfect cord, no chop, no people. I rode all over north and guess what, everytime i checked up hill, it was an empty slope. Perfect chance to put a lot of turns together and enjoy the whole trail.

Praying for a no show with this rain.