Note to New Members ×

Riding at Mountain Creek

jtslalom

We will hookup another time mycuz however today was great. I rode for about 6 runs at north. Conditions were pretty good. I rode with Carvingbassist and Shawn. Good runs fellas. I sure like riding with guys that rip.

The best part of the day was riding a new board i got called a Status board. Well I won't carry on about the board like I want to and will sum it up in one phrase. That board is AWESOME. I can actually say it was the eaiest board to carve I have ever ridden. I can't wait to ride it again.

I rode tonight Thurs 12-16 from 4:00 to about 5:30 with Shawn. Conditions were pretty good. There are a few more slopes open now and it looks like Zero-G may open soon. I won't be out again until Monday evening and maybe two other nights next week. I have off the whole week after Christmas and will post the days I can ride. I really hope we can get some hard riders together to ride again. I called Caferacer (Joe) and he said that he would be in for a day or so that week along with his wife and crew. If Carvingbassist, Eric J, mykcuz, Shawn and all others could join, we would have some carving crew. Hope it happens so keep in touch and post.

Rode tonight 12/21 from 3:00 to 6:00. Coditions were pretty good. Made a run dwon Zero-G and Lower Straight away. Both were in pretty good condition but not wide enough to really round my turns. Had a good time riding with Shawn and Tim but wasn't able to catch up with carvingbassist or mykcuz. I may get out for about an hour or so tomorrow.

Rode tonight 12/21 from 3:00 to 6:00. Coditions were pretty good. Made a run dwon Zero-G and Lower Straight away. Both were in pretty good condition but not wide enough to really round my turns. Had a good time riding with Shawn and Tim but wasn't able to catch up with carvingbassist or mykcuz. I may get out for about an hour or so tomorrow.

:D We have ridden Zero-G with GS gates around 2000/01 in the evenings. You had to "round" your turns really tight on longer boards and rutted trail ;)

It was a GREAT morning riding with the gang I rode with. Me, Kevin, Dave, Prentice, Joe and Ann. Nice carving group. It was also nice to see some new hard booters like Prentice. It was great doing runs with you. Lower Straightaway and Devils Bit were in the best condition they could possibly be in for carving. That nice hard styrafoam like conditions. I even had a run with Gary the ski patroller who can crank some good turns on a soft deck. Nice to see it Gary.

I will be heading up to Mount Snow early on Thursday morning for a long day trip. So far it is only me and my nephew Kevin going. I have enough room for 2 others if any one is interested. I'm leaving from Vernon at 5:15 am. Post if interested.

I bet it was real nice Mike. We will ride together eventually this season. I don't know the next time I will be at MC but late afternoons and evenings seem to be the norm for me. Also, every other Saturday or Sunday morning. I drove passed today a few times and man was it packed. The lower parking lot at north was jammed pack. Not a good day for carving.

I will be heading up to Mount Snow tomorrow (Thurs 12/30) with my nephew. I'm hoping they have some good conditions. I'm sure they do given that they got 22 inches 2 days ago.

yea i stayed for the morning and let about 1230-1pm, as i was walking out there were just droves of people walking up the hill from the lot. I stuck to granite, no crowds, and amazing carving. 2 curious onlookers, one was on telemarks.

Thursday I have to be on site in the city all day. I'll keep in touch with you though. who knows mybe hunter will be out there this year.

I rode today ( Wed 1/12) from 11 to 2 with my three nephews, all of whom are developing into good riders. Conditions were soft and bumby, maybe not so good for carving but goo for just having fun on the bumps. I will get out again on Friday after work and possibly again on Sunday morning. I am also trying to get the day off next Friday to make a trip to Mactracks out in Pa. Although the mountain hosting the event is no bigger than Hidden Valley, I think there will be some really good hard core riders there who are willing to give some pointers. I know I could use a few. Hope to see others there and at MC.

• 2 weeks later...

I went out Tuesday(1/26) late afternoon and into the evening. I rode Bear peak mostly and two runs on South peak. Conditions were fantastic. The racing trail was in excellent carving condition, flat with some corduroy still showing. Not many people ride this trail now as there are no features on it. They are however building a huge halfpipe on the right hand side of it but for now the left side is perfect for carving. I will be heading out again on Friday night and on Sunday morning. Hope to see other carvers there.