Note to New Members ×

UGHHHHH, point of sale systems for the not so bright.. advice?

bobdea

so, I'm working on a project and one part is getting a point of sale system up and running. I'm pushing micros but the owners are a bunch of mac users and are pushing mac OS. weird it's not me pushing mac OS for once but my question is... has anyone used any of the mac os POS software? does it suck?

the advantage of mac OS is I can handle just about everything on my own, but, I could with windows too....

so, for me there is no true advantage other than I can do a few things that would make backups dead simple that would be sort of a feat in windows without any third party software other than a script I could always have a bootable copy of the hard drive ready to go that gets updated every night

Micros is alright. I have no experience with Mac. But Positouch rocks. The best POS I have ever used, in terms of its ease both of programming and front of the house use, many, many options, and great customer support.

Look into it.

okay, so I downloaded some demo software of a few things, of course the one these guys liked the best was the most expensive one BUT it's really easy to use although too flashy for my tastes but with it up and running in demo mode they were able to use it easily because of a itunes like interface and it has pretty tight integration with with IOS which all six people who will use this system have various IOS devices already.

this is nice because for the rentals part of the business it allows to use one less register as well as saves time as we'd be doing way less emailing back and forth as well.

still, not my top choice of a solution but really nifty in some ways.

Just curious - what sort of features are you looking for in a POS application? I'm a web developer by trade but my company just put me through 7 days of iOS training. I was thinking of creating an iOS based POS system with a web interface for backoffice duties.

what kind of power sport rentals? is there a trail network in the area?

starting out with sleds, they want to expand from there.

yeah, the trail network is extensive. lots of open trail in the summer too.

once everything is built I'll probably be doing some of the other stuff too.