Note to New Members ×

Prior 4x4 174

wallstrum

hey guys - for sale is my trusty prior 4x4 174, 21.4 waist, with 10.5m sidecut. i don't know what year it was made; i bought it used 3 seasons ago. i had a full tune/base grind/base texture done on it at the beginning of last season, and only got ~6 days on it afterwards so it's in pretty good shape, but it does have a small gouge down the center for about 6 inches or so (not deep at all, but noticeable so i have to point it out). standard lift line scratches on the topsheet. only selling because i bought a metal coiler to move on to. asking $300, bindings not included. pics attached, let me know if you are interested.

thanks,

wally

post-3695-141842328205_thumb.jpg

post-3695-141842328207_thumb.jpg

post-3695-141842328209_thumb.jpg

How much for the coffee maker?

$300, and i'll throw in a free 4x4! ; ) if anyone cares, it's an espresso machine, one of the best purchases i've ever made. every time i make myself a latte, i save $5 by not going to whorebuck$, we've had it for 4 years now, and i've made at least one per day for that entire time - that's a crapload of saved money for good coffee!

wally

Is the base flat? The pic of the base makes it look base high. Structure in the middle, nothing at the edges.

These ARE great boards, I've owned three. The 174 was my favorite.(Blue one in my avitar) I'm looking for a board for a buddy who is getting back into boarding and I'm trying to turn him to the dark side. Perfect board for somebody carving in soft boots that wants to step it up.

• 2 weeks later...
Is the base flat? The pic of the base makes it look base high. Structure in the middle, nothing at the edges.

These ARE great boards, I've owned three. The 174 was my favorite.(Blue one in my avitar) I'm looking for a board for a buddy who is getting back into boarding and I'm trying to turn him to the dark side. Perfect board for somebody carving in soft boots that wants to step it up.

board's still on the market. base looks flat when i hold a scraper across it; can't comment on the structure though, i forgot to check that before i packed it up to ship. it's definitely been a great board for me to learn on, and has treated me well. just time for me to move on to something more advanced now : )

wally

Still available? If so, I might be interested. Just starting out with hardboots, so I wonder if the 21.4 waist will be ok. That's why I'm looking for an ATV as well. I'm 200 lbs. too.

Was this your starter board?

yup, still available. this was my first carving board. i had nothing else to compare to at the time, so i can't speak for whether it's the "perfect" starter board, but it certainly served its purpose for me : ) if you're worried about the waist size, there's nothing like trial by fire ; ) let me know if you're interested.

thanks,

wally

Still available? If so, I might be interested. Just starting out with hardboots, so I wonder if the 21.4 waist will be ok. That's why I'm looking for an ATV as well. I'm 200 lbs. too.

I might be able to help.. The 4WD is a great board ... it will work well with your weight... I am 205-210 lbs and ride 174 and 179 4wd all the time cuz it is so nice a ride...

it is a very forgiving board if you are just starting out.. and loves the powder too. the 21.4 wiast is ok. I am a size 30.0 mondo. in boots.

Hope this helps both of you

Was this your starter board?

I had 4WD (169, 179) and ATV and yes 4WD is very good deck to use in especially eastern states condition. If you are in Japan and going to hit POW condition, ATV would be better choice.