Note to New Members ×

Blue opens Friday

Chubz

I got a grown-up job and I am stuck in Oklahoma till March for training. There are no mountains and the longest it has stayed below freezing this year so far has been 2 consecutive days. I'll be lucky if I get to ride more than a day or two this season.

Taos Ski Valley is almost a reasonable drive for a long weekend (like 10 hours), unfortunately every long weekend we have had we have also had a big exam right afterward, so it isn't worth the risk of possibly missing work due to car trouble or acts of nature.

Not sure if you already do, but I HIGHLY suggest getting a longboard (skateboard). Start off slowly (really slowly..lol) but the rewards are great.

Miss having someone to ride with at blue!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you guys - Marty helped me on mainstreet. I actually got some really nice turns in on there and feel like my riding progressed a ton. Definitely helped that noone was on there and the sun was shining on it.

The weather looks grim for the next week, but it has been great since January (no January thaw this year). Luckly Blue has plenty of base to last until April.

Winter warm up + snow pak = high water = :D boating

If anyone out there is a whitewater enthusiast or an outdoor sport lover please consider signing this petition for a whitewater park in Easton:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/easton-whitewater-park/

Hey Chubz, you would have to get a kayak if this opened up!

Jesse

What's up guys?

Hope alls well.

So pissed I haven't made it out to ride with you this year. I've been busy moving my factory location for the passed 2 months.

I am now comfortable enough to take off a couple days and ride the blue wide open. The question is should I bring the surfboard?

Are we doing a BMES this year?

I went up to elk on friday and it wasn't bad, but 4 out of 5 of us got each other sick... :barf:

Not to hate on elk, but if anyone was considering going from philly area and you haven't been...just save yourself the drive. Lifts are super-slow and they close half the mountain at 4:30. Trails were comparable to blue in length. More trails but same area = a lot of narrow trails.

hoping to get out wednesday or friday morning.

I went last night and today - I know some people get freaked out about riding on slush but I don't mind it. Just wet gloves...

Last night was icy and bumpy, just as you would imagine it, but actually for some reason that was really good for me. Any mistake in my form made me wash out immediately, so I was forced to really keep it together and figured out a few things I was doing that was hurting me, rather than helping me.

Fun moment: i was riding the giant wide trail at the summit that leads down to burma. It was slushy but just fast enough to get some nice turns in, but not steep enough for form to matter too much. I just made a bunch of nice, fluid cross over turns with arms behind my back (felt great) and stopped at the entrance to burma. My friend comes up from behind me and says, "The whole trail just stopped to watch you go down - it was awesome."

well I think it's finally over. You're not going to get more than frozen granular over ice first thing in the morning, and then slush once the sun hits it. I was there on saturday and sometimes I could get some decent turns in, but when you hit patches of 6inches of granular, you're not going to hold an edge in that.

I ran into a 16 year old racer, Devon (sp?), from camelback...who was touching the snow with both arms in every carve down lazy mile, just compact and fluid, it was really fun to watch. He was using race style, which I'm not a huge fan of...but it made me sad that the season was ending.

I'm going to focus my efforts on longboarding this summer and get some videos up here. See you guys next year (or maybe in vermont if I feel up to it:biggthump)