Note to New Members ×

Room share/Car pool wanted for ses 2011

I'd be flying into Denver. Looking for ride-share, transport or car-rental split from Denver to Aspen, and shared condo or similar. Single male, 43. Advanced carver. Non smoker. Enjoys eating out, going to see live music, adult beverages (especially local micro-brews) and coffee enjoyed in a responsible manner. Likes to stay up late but flags fast. Will get up for first chair if there's pow, or hasn't been boarding in a while. I'd be flying out of RDU, NC.

Drop me a line if you have something that can work out.

Scrutton, you might want to add when you arrive in Denver (or wherever you are flying into) for ride sharing at the very least. Someone might have all their accomodations, but can give you a ride.

Thanks Michelle. Plans are totally flexible at this stage as nothing is booked. I figured I'd get the accomodation in place first, then book flight and transfer/ride share.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
no car share needed now - flying direct to Aspen.

you may want to consider flying into Eagle/Vail and taking a shuttle van service from there, as the Aspen airport basically shuts down under poor visibility and/or bad weather since it is visuals only. I've had good luck flying into Aspen in the past but I wouldn't want to have "bad" weather screw up my vacation plans.

As I've said before, flying into Aspen is tricky business. It's great if it all works out, but if it doesn't they drop you in Denver and say "good luck". Everyone runs to the rental car places and if you are lucky you'll get something that can make the 4 1/2 hour drive without careening you off the highway.

If the Aspen airport is shut down because of weather, you can almost guarantee that the roads will not be friendly all the way there. Just a heads up - it's a risk!

However, if it does work out then it's smooth sailing and beautiful because you can probably get a free shuttle service from the airport to your hotel, no lines for security or baggage, and it's a beautiful (and interesting!) flight in.

Scrutton,

We are flying into Aspen Friday night I think we land at 10ish and we have a SUV rental car. We change planes in Denver and Michelle is right, Aspen is tricky (last SES our flight was cancelled and we did not get out til the next day).

We are booking a back up rental car for Denver airport just in case.

If your schedule works send me a PM.

Thanks SnowNBeach. I also change in Denver (and fly from there to Aspen). But I am coming in on Sat. Arrive in Denver at 2.45pm. So, if anyone is on same schedule, PM me, and we can compare emergency plans (or lack there-of).

Does anyone know if that $99 shuttle from Denver to Aspen can be relied upon, or will it be booked way out. I will call them this week to find out what I can.

I'm rooming w/scrutton at the St Moritz. He's flying to Aspen, I'll be driving from Denver on 2/5. Planning on leaving Denver around noon getting into Aspen around 4PM. I'm returning to Denver on Thursday after riding.

I can take one other rider one way or round trip. I might even be able to pick someone up at the Denver airport depending on when your flight arrives.

Let me know if you want to rideshare.

Does anyone know if that $99 shuttle from Denver to Aspen can be relied upon, or will it be booked way out. I will call them this week to find out what I can.

Pretty reliable but you have to book it ahead of time. The only way it would not go is if the highway is closed, and then you are stuck in Denver for the duration no matter what vehicle you have (snowmobile maybe???)