Note to New Members ×

Southern Ontario Session 2011

csquared

A HUGE thank you to Chris!

What an awesome job in getting it together and ensuring the weather was perfect for us. I had a phenomenal time and met some great carvers and was able to admire quite a few trenches. And great riders giving out valuable tips!

Possibly my best day out ever! Thanks Chris

Chris,

Thanks for organizing a great day. I appreciate and am thankful for all of the work that you put into this.

Unfortunately my day ended early. I was really trying to improve my riding today. Just when I was starting to make some progress and start to really feel myself putting energy into the board and tightening up my turns, I ended up getting locked into a heel side turn and flying into the trees.

I feel pretty lucky to have walked way with a torn nostril (from impact) and some bruised ribs. So, if anyone saw the casualty today.. it was me, and I'm fine.

Hopefully next year will go better and I'll be there long enough to pick up some tips. Especially some tips on what might cause a person to get locked into a turn and how to avoid it next time :)

Thanks again Chris, hope to see you next year,

Geoff

Thanks also Chris, Great day. Keopele if that was you being attended to by ski patrol on the left side(looking down) of whatever run it was don't worry the red you left behind didn't slow the pace. Everyone kept ripping it up. As far as what happened ? The flat light and big ruts everyone was leaving in the worst of places probably had something to do with the visit to the trees. It might have been the trenches that Kessler with the Apex plate left on the hill while it was carving from tree line to tree line. Credit; Arcrider and Apex Insider. Thanks for a great day ! Lowrider

Thanks Chris! An excellent day all around, good friends, good food, good (well mostly) conditions, what else could anyone hope for?

And the members did not seem too put out by our presence on the hill, except for those two ladies in snowshoes that were trying to figure out why we all had weird snowboards..........

An excellent day.

What a great day.

I rode non-stop from the time I arrived at 09:00 until my legs could take no more, retiring to the car around 14:30. Had to skip the après because I had to rush back to Toronto.

It was my second day ever on plates, and was it ever fun watching, talking to, and learning from you all.

Thanks!

Chris - huge thanks - this is quickly becoming one of the best days of the year for me. It's great catching up with old friends and making new ones. Already looking forwards to next year.

I posted some pictures in the photo section here, please add any pictures or video you want to share.

or skip straight to the flick set here.

Hi guys!

I managed to loose a pair of glasses in the changing area. I left them either in the washroom or by the lockers. If anybody knows anything about them, I'd be most happy. They were dark-framed reading glasses with a bit of green on them.

:smashfrea

The event itself exceeded all my expectations! It was such a pleasure to watch carvers filling up the slopes, meeting all great people, and last but not least -- getting my broken Intec replaced in 30 minutes! Would have not happened anywhere else!:biggthump

Carve diem!

Thanks for the great day Chris and everyone else!

In one of the weirder moments in life, at about 10:30, as I got to the top of the lift I saw a snowboarder at the top, standing oddly sideways and thought that it looked very strange. Took a second to realize that I was thinking a snowboarder on a freestyle/ freeride setup looked out of place. Shows how quickly perceptions can change!

Each run, and each lift ride was a learning experience. Going up each time I'd see another amazing rider doing their thing and think to myself "How can I look that smooth on the next run?" Then get the chance to try to make it happen. Would be awesome if I could do that every day! Only problem is how deep the ruts were getting :rolleyes:

Thank you Chris for once again putting it all together for us. I'm sure it's not easy but it seems you've mastered it.

Thank you Henry (Mr. Apex) for co-sponsoring the Apres food with us. The event grew quickly in numbers over last season!

Maybe next season we can do a 2 day event to include one of the other local clubs?

Thank you all from Andrea & Dave at www.yyzcanuck.com.

It was great to see old friends and make new ones. Alpine snowboarding is indeed thriving in Southern Ontario. Thanks Chris for making it possible. A big thank you to Michael Lambert for taking time out of his busy schedule to ride with us. And thanks for loaning me the pants. Not often I get to rock the lime green.

• 2 weeks later...