Note to New Members ×

Southern Ontario Session 2011

csquared

If you're like me, you're starting to yearn for that perfect carve again. Well, it looks like it will be a while before the first snow flies, but there is something you can do today - mark your calendar for Friday, January 28, 2010 and book the day off. The pleasure of your company is requested for SOS 2011.

This is an open invitation to a one day event at the Osler Bluff Ski Club in Collingwood to join the hard-booting core of the Southern Ontario carving community. Its a great chance to meet or get back together with dedicated alpine riders on great terrain with excellent grooming. We've had great sessions for the last six years with many repeat participants each year. If you know other alpine riders that might be interested in the event, please bring this to their attention, no matter what their ability. The event grows in numbers each year and so does the love.

Our friends from YYZ Canuck, Apex Sports, and Coiler Composites will be on hand to give you a chance to kick the tires of this year's latest alpine gear trends.

If you would like to attend, drop me an e-mail through my profile so that I can get you on the list. I will need your name and e-mail address so that I can keep you informed as we get closer to the event. While I am happy to open this event to as many as possible, this is an event for the hard-boot community and I would prefer to keep spots open to alpine riders. However, I do understand family situations and I can make exceptions to help make it possible for you to attend.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are out there lingering on the sidelines undecided, now is the time to get in touch and let me know if you are coming.

Only 2 more weeks to the event and interest has been brisk this year. The list at the moment is up to almost 60 riders.

Still not convinced? You're not easy to impress I see. Well, we have a special guest this year. Canadian National Team rider Michael Lambert :eek: will be at the event courtesy of Apex Sport.

This is going to be legendary.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried the hardboots out for the first time ever on Sunday at MSLM. Bumped into a few other hardbooters at the hill who gave this n00b some pretty useful tips and informed me of this event.

I suck, don't know a soul, and have a post count of 1, but I'd like to show up if the invite is still on!

... but I can still squeeze in one or two more. Absolute closure is noon Wednesday. After this, I have to turn the attendee list over to the coordinator so that the ticket ladies at the club will know you're coming.

DMC - welcome to BOL. You would be welcome and hopefully you will learn a lot. Certainly you will have plenty of inspiration. I can put you on the list but I need you to e-mail me through my profile (you should be able to locate this if you explore the site a bit) and give me an e-mail address and your real name for the guest list.

Thank you so much for organizing this. I had so much fun last year and can't wait to be riding with everyone again. It was totally worth the drive to Acton ... wait; that is a commercial - I meant it is totally worth the drive from Ottawa.

Let me know if you manage to get the clinic organized. I am interested (and probably willing to pay!)

Can anybody pick me up from downtown Toronto? (Bloor & Spadina). I'm a student and thus without my own car. I would be more than happy to share any transport costs!

647 297 2924

Although I've been riding for years, I only have seen a few fellow hardbooters in my life. This event is going to be sooo coool :1luvu:

This is great. It looks like there will be lots of other "beginners". Last year I felt like I was the only one that sucked. Add me to the list of not getting a chance to ride with other hardbooters (other than last year's event). I'm really looking forward to riding with everyone. I'm hoping that a clinic of some sort, no matter how formal or informal, is a go. See you all Friday :)

In case anyone missed it, Olympian and World Cup Champ Michael Lambert will be joining us. Too bad we don't have gates set up - I'd show him a thing or two.

BTW, if you want to ride a 174 Kessler or 185 Kessler race stock board with Apex Race Plate, send me an email to reserve. You just have to supply bindings.

320_CP24_lambert_100117.jpg