Note to New Members ×

Boot fitter in NY

tekkheadd

Surefoot - New York City

1438 Third Avenue (between 81st and 82nd)

New York, New York 10028

PH (212) 472-7171

Hours: 10am - 7pm Mon-Sat, 12-6 Sun

newyorkcity@surefoot.com

Manager: Adrian Gray

U.S. Orthotic Center

515 Madison Avenue

New York NY 10022

(212) 832-1648

Short drive is relative, where ever you go you pays your monies, you takes your chances...

Don't waste your time and money...

get them done near whatever mountain you normally go to. I HIGHLY recommend Startingate in Vermont - right by Stratton.

If you get your boots fitted and have a problem in a day or two, most fitters will make adjustments for free - much better to be able to come off the hill, drive down the road for an adjustment, and be back on the hill in an hour than to have to deal with painful boots for the rest of the trip so you can get adjustments when you get back home.

Do not waste your time with Surefoot in Manhattan. I have orthotics that they made. I have had to make all kinds of modifications to them in order for them to support me correctly. The first pair of thermoflexes I had were molded by them - they did an absolutely terrible job. I have tried to find a worthwhile bootfitter in NY, and I haven't had any success.

The green mountain orthotic lab, and the starting gate (both at stratton) are good bets. As a bouns: the starting gate carries the Dalbello Gold ID liner, which kicks so much ass.

For bootfitters, go to VT. Not sure where you are but I don't know of anyone in downstate NY.

In Stratton go to

Startingate

http://startingate.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TS&Category_Code=ASB

or

Equipe Sports (the one in Stratton village, ask for Sean at Equipe, he's a hardbooter)

http://www.equipesport.com/locations

I have gotten great deals on the classifieds here for boot shells and liners - go thermoflex or some other moldable liner, worth the money IMO, better performance and your feet will thank you.

I don't think you are gonna find boots anywhere near. http://www.upzboots.com/. I don't know what kind of flex you are looking for, so deeluxe might be up you're alley. I don't recommend head boots. of course, used is an option, but of all the things to spend money on, the boots are the most important.

Surefoot - New York City

1438 Third Avenue (between 81st and 82nd)

New York, New York 10028

PH (212) 472-7171

Hours: 10am - 7pm Mon-Sat, 12-6 Sun

newyorkcity@surefoot.com

Manager: Adrian Gray

U.S. Orthotic Center

515 Madison Avenue

New York NY 10022

(212) 832-1648

Short drive is relative, where ever you go you pays your monies, you takes your chances...

I'd have a hard time trusting a ski shop in NYC for fitting. it's like going to eustis ME to find a highly educated woman or even one that has teeth. really though, if a shop is far away from a hill it makes it a lot harder for them to make corrections to a boot.