Note to New Members ×

2010 Upz Rc10

Bora20

Do you want the boot to be softer?  The Deeluxe 131 foam liners from Bomber work well for me, but they soften the boot's flex.  I thought it was good, but I like a bit more flex in boots.  I also ran the Intuition Alpine wrap liner and found it to be similar to the Deeluxe liners, but a bit firmer/denser foam.  

I tape some 3/4" diameter neoprene circles on my ankle bones when molding for exactly the issue you mention.  I cut it out of the same paddling socks that I used to make the toe caps.  

If you want to keep the same flex, you'll need to get something with a plastic tongue or some other reinforcement.  

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still struggling with terrible pain in my ankle area. It feels like the boney parts are making contact with plastic. And feeling around the liner, it seems like there is little to no padding in those areas. Thinking a different liner might solve the issues. What liners are the best for these UPZ RC10 shells?

I have intuition alpine liner and fit nice .