Note to New Members ×

Summit Sunday the 21st

Arclite

Just want to give everyone here who is planning on coming up for Sunday a head's up. Hwy 330 (the front way and most direct) is closed for approx. 3-4 months to repair a culvert that was damaged during the winter rains.

This leaves 3 other routes to Big Bear.

1) Hwy 18 up to Lake Arrowhead and then east across the rim to Running Springs where the 330/18 intersect.

2) Hwy 18 through the High Desert which makes for a very long drive

3) Hwy 38 through Redlands, this last choice is the preferred route for most of us. It takes approx. 75 minutes once you arrive at the mouth of the canyon.

3) Hwy 38 through Redlands, this last choice is the preferred route for most of us. It takes approx. 75 minutes once you arrive at the mouth of the canyon.

That is a VERY FUN and beautiful road... Hopefully we'll make it up without another citation...

I am on the "crotch rocket". Ducati 996 to be exact. Got to find a way to haul ass and carve in the summertime :).

nice. I can see how your back might feel a little something the next day.

You should pick up a longboard, you can join us for some longboarding sessions and meet us half way. we've gone boarding in the mission viejo area right before the season started.

nice. I can see how your back might feel a little something the next day.

You should pick up a longboard, you can join us for some longboarding sessions and meet us half way. we've gone boarding in the mission viejo area right before the season started.

I have been a sponger for years and somewhat surfing also. So will definitely try longboarding to switch it up..

I'm out! I caught a cold the first of last week. I took and drank everything to knock it out but to no avail. Now it sounds like I have been a lifetime smoker when I cough!!

There will be a CODA board to ride if you want to try it out

Sorry guys and gals

Well while you guys are snowboarding, I just woke up....at 10:15 ;)

Apparently its 53* up there right now.

Looks like the season for summit is coming to and end....

Hope its going good, I'll be checkin' the summit photos online to see if you guys pop up. :biggthump

I'll be in a recording studio in an hour and a half to record my bands first EP!

Who's gunna buy one? :biggthump

Hey Luca,

Use some of this on your board http://tognar.com/base_repair_tools_iron_ptex_gouges_damage.html

Scroll down to <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Hysol Epoxy- clear<!-- InstanceEndEditable --></TD><TD bgColor=#cccccc><!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="item price" -->Item #SPK-EC: $21.95 <!-- InstanceEndEditable -->

<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="sale price" --><!-- InstanceEndEditable --></TD><TD rowSpan=2><CENTER><!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="lightbox Thumbnail Hover" --><CENTER>thumbholder.jpg</CENTER>spkec_web.jpg <!-- InstanceEndEditable -->Click Image To Enlarge </CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="item description" -->This is the best delam epoxy in the repairs business. The slow (8 to 24 hour) curing time provides a more flexible bond without sacrificing strength, and it dries crystal clear or can be colored with pigments to match ski or snowboard cosmetics. Especially recommended for delaminations, gluing in base patches , or any other applications where flexibility is paramount. If necessary, you can accelerate the curing time by applying judicious heat with a heat lamp or gun, but never exceed 200 degrees F. Two tubes make 6 oz total</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Well while you guys are snowboarding, I just woke up....at 10:15 ;)

Apparently its 53* up there right now.

Looks like the season for summit is coming to and end....

Hope its going good, I'll be checkin' the summit photos online to see if you guys pop up. :biggthump

I'll be in a recording studio in an hour and a half to record my bands first EP!

Who's gunna buy one? :biggthump

Conditions were super icy, but nice for carving while it lasted. I boarded till abut 11:30 then took off when it started to get really heavy and wet. Everyone else continued boarding throughout the day. Andrea moved over to softies.

I have to hear you on the radio before I buy, you know, so I know that there's at least one good song on the CD... hehe JK

I have been a sponger for years and somewhat surfing also. So will definitely try longboarding to switch it up..

Oopsie, sorry Albert. I thought "longboarding" was surfing. Now carving the hill would be great. I have always wanted to try it now there is no reason not to do it. I will ask y'all for what to get soon...