Note to New Members ×

Did something stupid

Gtanner

I was riding my new Coiler in Whistler a few weeks back and accidentally hit the heel edge against the metal lift-line poles...I too a quick look and nothing looked damaged, so I continued on with the day.

When I got home, I found that the edge had depressed into the base slightly which has caused a slight "bubble" on the base near the edge (about 1 cm into the base from the edge)... I don't want to grind it out as it will leave a thin-spot.

I'm not worried about performance as I'm just free-riding on the board, just reliability of the board...plus am a bit pissed that I did this on the boards second day out!:smashfrea

I managed to wreck my camera while working in the rain at Cypress for the Olympics, so no pics for now.

Thoughts? Has anyone else done this before?

-Gord

If you can live with the little reminder of your bad day (read; stupidity) And it doesn't affect performance just make sure it is sealed off against moisture (epoxy) and ride on.One of the kids team coaches had his Coiler do a lap down the hill without him it hit a support pillar of the chalet at about 50 KM hr. A friend epoxied it up almost as good as new except for some metal edge that got burried and couldnt quite get put back into perfect shape.Congrats on the new coiler it is now personalized.