Note to New Members ×

east coast openings.

trailertrash

Tentative dates:

Loon....Nov. 24

Waterville...Nov. 20

Crap, that's coming up very soon!! I gotta spend less time reading Bomber and more time with pre-season training on my excercise bike.

It's chilly up here right now--mid 30's--so I hope the ski areas are testing their snowguns. The upcoming forecast for Friday is a chance of 1-3" in the NH mountains.

Holy $#@*!!!!

We'll see how things pan out but here's a news update:

Channel 7 weather out of Boston just said Jay Peak, Sunday River, Sugarloaf and Wildcat may get up to 4-8"!!!! Cannon, Killington, and other NH mountains may see 3-6"!!!!

Does anybody but me think it's stupid and pointless to waste all that money blowing snow just so resorts can say they open in November? I mean really, usually it all goes down the river in a freak December or January thaw, and the riding in November and early December is a joke anyway. They should save their November snowmaking budget for later in the year, for a "rainy day" fund (literally) or to just keep the slopes nice and buff for the <i>real</i> season - January through March.

I think the resorts can justify it as a marketing/advertising gimmick that creates buzz for the upcoming season. They are definitely taking risks, but heck--I'm pretty excited to have the opportunity of going boarding in just a couple of weeks.

ttrash, etc, Kton needs 2 days of cold weather to get top to bottom at Superstar. As you know, the All for One pass makes it worth trekking up to VT for some token turns. If this happens, and it's chillin' right now I'm up for making a run to Kmart on Monday 10/8. http://www.killington.com/summer/fallphotogallery.html

Killington is blasting snow right now and Sunday River is projected to open 11/12-- check this out: Tin Mountain Round Up

Saturday Nov 13 - Sunday Nov 14

We're making a mountain of canned food for a good cause. Please help local area food banks prepare for the holidays and the long winter head, while enjoying a great day of skiing and riding in the process.

Bring three cans of food to Sunday River on Nov 13-14 and you can purchase a lift ticket for just $20. Lift ticket must be used on that day only. Check in at the Welcome Center at South Ridge Base Lodge. Call 800-543-2SKI with any questions

SNOWMAKING IS STILL UNDERWAY! OPENING DAY NOW SLATED FOR TUESDAY, NOV. 9!

Unfortunately, the weather in the last 24 hours and the near-term forecast have not cooperated with our efforts and have affected our ability to get open with a truly quality product on Monday. In the interest of providing you, our guest, with the best possible conditions, we have moved our opening day back by one day.

We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday. Think Snow!

Gusting to 60 mph now in Boston ! Hello Moto

post-123-14184219903_thumb.jpg