Note to New Members ×

Skwal Riders General Discussion

mikel45

Cool, what an appearence! Thanks for pics. If only she rides as good as she looks:confused:

The board is a fun ride, been out twice now and can tear up the hill with super fast slalom carves - get lots of compliments/questions from lift line crowd. What I'd like to accomplish somewhere down the road is the laying down of slow 10 metre carves.

Mail sent for an Easy Jungle. Don, what's the backstory on this haul? Any intrigue or sleuthing involved?

A couple of weeks ago a regular @ Loveland, (not LCI), was complimenting me on my turns on my LaCroix. He turned me on to a former ski instructors name. He said that the guy had 5 or 6 Skwals that have been sitting around for 10 years and might want to get rid of them. Yesterday I finally got together with him and bought them all. He was trying to promote the sport 12 or 15 years ago but never got enough interest. He sold a few and the rest have been stored in his "tuning room" ever since. I will try to get pics up later.

Don

Feed the addiction...

165 Easy Jungle good for a 165 lb. beginner? May be interested, if I can sell some boards!

Hey Jon, I spent a day on one a few years back, and I found at 155 lbs it was a fun easy ride -- a friendly board to learn on. Unfortunately, my knees are trashed from other activities (running), and I got knee pain after a few hours, so I didn't hang on to it, but even within that short amount of time you can get pretty comfortable with this board.

Those bindings look like rebranded SnowPro Race bindings, right down to the inbuilt 3 degree canting.

The jelly bean shaped holes on the base plates are rotated 45* for high angles. Just like the TD1. They are not just re-branded, but skwal specific.

Got a skwal question here. Looks like, from limited research, that if I have any skills left at all, I'll probably out grow the 165 fairly quick. 8m sidecut, and I am sure with close bindings this thing flexes more than I am used to, should make this a quick turning machine. Possibly a good thing for meat pylons late in the day. Am I figuring this correctly?

Tentatively in for a 165, need a week-ish to get funds together.

Edited by Jon Dahl

Got a skwal question here. Looks like, from limited research, that if I have any skills left at all, I'll probably out grow the 165 fairly quick. 8m sidecut, and I am sure with close bindings this thing flexes more than I am used to, should make this a quick turning machine. Am I figuring this correctly?

Hope this helps out regarding the 165 Thias Easy Jungle . . . paraphrasing skwalzone description . . . "If you are inexperienced or just starting out looking for a skwal suitable for all conditions, riding narrow tracks and want a board to forgive your mistakes go with the Easy Jungle 165. If you consider yourself already experienced move on to more technical skwals which allow you more scalability over time."