Note to New Members ×

Helmet style

Guest hreiter

I'd go with Reevu integrated rear view helmet, if they made it for snowboarding: it would be nice to see, when skiers bomb down behind you. But maybe their motocycle helmet would work for carving as well?:rolleyes:

I'm considering to buy their bicycle helmet for next summer...

Originally posted by Vahur

I'd go with Reevu integrated rear view helmet, if they made it for snowboarding: it would be nice to see, when skiers bomb down behind you.

LOL...Vahur. I usually have the opposite problem. What I need is a pair of goggles that will actuall keep my eyes from watering when I'm flying down the mountain.

________

JOHN SURTEES

Pretty much the only 2 companies that make light motocross helmets with simple graphics (not insane psychadelic colors meets robot meets army machine and flying stripes type graphics) are AFX and Vega

Vega makes the Laredo PV, which is real nice in Dark Chrome.

Vega also makes the Mojave, which you can get in Chrome with Blue Flames, to complement a Coiler :)

AFX makes the FX-9, which is the one above painted with "Olive Green" which you can get in flat black and silver too.

with the visor taken off these things are awesome. You look like a machine... the snow doesn't fly everywhere in your face and it's so warm (I'm guessing for those SoCal people it might be too hot)

there's also lots of biker dudes shops' where you can get them custom painted and pinstriped etc. , that's not my style, but I'm sure you could get a paint job on these like a Coiler.

Also, isn't that helmet on the first post a Snowmobile helmet? Not sure you'd want that to snowboard, since they're pretty massive

Guest hreiter

Nope - the helmet on the first post is a snowboard/ski helmet. Check the link to get more details - I would like to see a real one but don't know which shops in NorCal have them.

Guest hreiter

Nope - the helmet on the first post is a snowboard/ski helmet. Check the link to get more details - I would like to see a real one but don't know which shops in NorCal have them.

I can't imagine how a shield would work in the cold. Especially one that is only a single lense. Every breath would create fog ice on the inside. And if you ran into a snow gun they could build a hockey rink on your face. How would you remove it on the chairlift and scrape it off? That's a would be a lot of "squiggly" square inches to scrape while you held it in your hand. I don't get it. Maybe the snowmobilers among us can explain.

sic

Guest rick ferguson

Bell helmets makes a light wieght full face (not a motorcycle) helmet. It primary use is for downhill mtn. biking. It breathes well and is full of soft padding on the inside, great visability as well. The best part is that it comes in solid color's or white at a mail order price usually under $50.00. I believe it's called the bell rythym rider pro.