Note to New Members ×

smoothest hills??

JacobtheJewler

What hill in ontario has the smoothest runs?? I hear lots of carvers go to Mt.St.Louis Moonstone..how are the runs up there?? I am sick and tired of Blue Mtn it is garbage always so bumpy like a bunch of waves on the hill..and crowded like hell idiots all over. Talk to me people where is the place to be for carving around ontario.

Caledon really smooth ! they finished grooming in the morning so butter smooth for a race a few weeks ago. Race at MSL Moonstone this SAt. should be good.Brimacomb had washboard ripples a few weeks ago but finally got it smoothed out. Mansfield good Beaver Valley as well watch for upcomming races at private resorts volunteer on hill with OAS and check out the runs.

Caledon Ski Club, open to the public Wed and Fridays. Not sure, it might be open to public over March break. Phone and check first. The grooming is second to none. On W and F you can go up and down all day with no line ups. Straight up Mississauga Rd. The hills are not long but when there is hardly no one there who care when you van go up and down all day.

At Caledon, you get 5 turns in and you're at the bottom. At least MSLM is a little longer - 8 turns. Grooming is good there.

I know what you're saying about Blue Mountain. Sometimes, there are so many jibbers lying scattered around a run, it's impossible to pick your way down. I stay away from the place.

There is usually about 7 to 12 alpine guys during the weekend at Moonstone. The grooming at the resort is usually excellent and the guys are always looking for new people. We usually are on the Moonstone side. A number of the guys who were at Osler regularly ride at Moonstone. Best riding is at 8:30-10:30 before the rush from the city gets there.

Moostone is groomed for every weekend and can be perfect for a few hours in the am. A bit narrow if the fence off 1/2 for racing.

Sunrise at Blue is only good Wed morn but its one of the best runs. Was there yesterday morning - was brilliant - I have been told its only groomed once or twice a week.

Searchmount (SS Marie) is awesome if you can tolerate the old slow tows.