Note to New Members ×

Head Stratos Pro owners

wingnuts514

what is your actual foot measurement and what size did you buy? My foot measures 27.3 but ski boots in a 28.5 at my local ski shop felt comfy. I'm not a racer so don't know if i really want to downsize to 27. I'm thinking the HSP in 28 would be the best for me. any thoughts?

thanks

It is not downsizing, it IS your size. 28 will be too big. Downsizing would be going down to 26... New boots are not supposed to feel comfy, but rather very tight.

Shells are actually 26.5, 27.5, 28.5. Then, they put either 27 or 27.5 liner in the 27.5 shell.

My feet are 27.6 and 27.8 and I wear 27.5 head boots, well actually they are size 27 with custom foot beds. Head boots shells fit the whole and half sizes as do the liners, the difference is in the footbed. When I got them they felt really tight for the first 2 outings then they started to get broken in and feel right. I now have over 100 days on them and they are starting to feel a little looser than I like, it is time for some new liners for me

Wear thin socks when you try on boots, and first wear them. This allows you to go to a medium thickness sock as the liner packs in.

I know that if I can wear a medium sock when boots are new, they will end up being too big.

BobD

i have a set of the orange head stratos boots and i'm not a big fan the top two buckles should be high like the deelux to hold you in..even tho my head boots fit very snug the rear foot always has a tendency to pull up because there is really that one top buckle the other ones are way lower..next year i'm steppin it up to the deelux 700's

what is your actual foot measurement and what size did you buy? My foot measures 27.3 but ski boots in a 28.5 at my local ski shop felt comfy. I'm not a racer so don't know if i really want to downsize to 27. I'm thinking the HSP in 28 would be the best for me. any thoughts?

thanks

I measured ~MP 27.5 and originally bought a 27.5 sized boot (same shell size as 27). I could not use it. It seemed to be a workable tight fit in the shop but they were too tight. - I lost the feeling in the big toe after a couple of hours, and this did not go away quickly after taking off the boots again, it took days. I only used them three times. (Should have tried with thin socks for couple of days. ;-)

I was very lucky and found an affordable new MP28 Stratos on e-bay which I am still riding. They have not packed out a lot after ~100 days.

I measured ~MP 27.5 and originally bought a 27.5 sized boot (same shell size as 27). I could not use it. It seemed to be a workable tight fit in the shop but they were too tight. - I lost the feeling in the big toe after a couple of hours, and this did not go away quickly after taking off the boots again, it took days. I only used them three times. (Should have tried with thin socks for couple of days. ;-)

I was very lucky and found an affordable new MP28 Stratos on e-bay which I am still riding. They have not packed out a lot after ~100 days.

thats what I'm afraid of, what kind of boot was the first set and did they have moldable liners?

thats what I'm afraid of, what kind of boot was the first set and did they have moldable liners?

The first one was a 2005/06 Stratos Pro, the second one is labeled "Head S Ltd". I do not know the vintage. To my eyes they were identical except for the coloring (black vs. transparent yellow).

Both featured Head's standard semi-moldable liner. Not the type you put in the oven, it either self-molds over time from or you can use a special fan.

• 2 weeks later...

strati goes exact in size: having 280-285 feet - riding in 28.0 stratos for some years (with custom sole) - cannot stand in new 27.5 for 5 minutes without considerable pain, but if I have some bootfitter around - maybe will go downsize a bit

PS was in 27 raichle sb boots before strati

thanks

I hope to post my experiances soon as I have a pair size M28 on the way....

Oh no, not the street shoe discussion again!

This was one of the rare boot treads where everybody was talking Mondo only, as it should be. Then you come by and "bomb" it with the street shoe comment. Let's not go this route, people, please!

Oh no, not the street shoe discussion again!

This was one of the rare boot treads where everybody was talking Mondo only, as it should be. Then you come by and "bomb" it with the street shoe comment. Let's not go this route, people, please!

Agreed!!! Street shoe sizes are all over the place and you should not try to convert! Stick to talking in Mondo, and you will always know your size.

Also one thing to keep in mind is that people will buy boots that fit out of the box. Once those liners pack out or wear in, then they have a boot that is a bit too big because the shell of the boot doesn't fit them. If you are looking at boot size, you should fit the SHELL and not the liner. This is how we fit boots with Thermo Liners, and it works every time.

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/boots/Sizing_boots.pdf

My larger foot measures 25.6 and I'm wearing 25.

At first it was a tight fit causing my toes to go numb/cold after 3-4 hours. After having the liners heat molded and wearing thinner socks (actually just thin sock liners) my feet are comfortable, warm and cozy. I'm not sure the heat molding actually did anything. If I wear anything thicker than the sock liners, my feet are not happy.